Checkout address

• Thank you received: 114
6 years 2 months ago #288529

-- HikaShop version -- : 1712211418

Hi,

We are trying to set up registration during checkout. We have configured our checkout as per screenshot. Now the issue.

When user comes to address details page and proccess as a guest all goes fine but if he changes hes mind, goes back and register account the address block has 2 same shipping and billing addresses which makes no sense because address was not modified...

As i understand hikashop first save address for guest and later it does same after user register. So we have same address twice.

Is there a way to avoid it??

Kind Regards

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 2 months ago #288532

Hi,

you would have to create a small plugin to set the address_published to 0 for all the addresses already in the table hikashop_address with the same address_user_id in the onBeforeUserUpdate trigger of a plugin of the group "hikashop".

6 years 1 month ago #288656

Hi,

Thanks for the tip Nicolas. That really helped...

However we do have other issue regarding address. Could you please explain how different billing/shipping address works?

As example after user register he see 1 billing address and 1 shipping address. Now if user edit (not delete, not creat new) billing address the shipping address also gets edited and takes same values from billing address. Why would it do like that? When editing billing address user expecting that shipping address wont be changed... So to have different billing user must create new billing address and then toggle radio buttons between addresses...but honesly everyone would edit it if it's already entered.

What we are looking is to have only one billing address and only one shipping address with edit and delete buttons only. Those addresses shouldn't be connected between when editing...

Now not sure how this could be done when we have such behiviour described above.

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards

6 years 1 month ago #288706

Hi,

For now the address_type field is not supported by the address block of the checkout.
So an address is an address and it can be used for either billing or shipping.
If you modify an address, the change will display in shipping and billing if the address is selected in both.
If you don't like that, you could potentially just remove the edit buttons (with CSS or view overrides).
That way, the customer could either delete an address, or create new addresses, or select a different address.

6 years 1 month ago #288734

Hi,

Well the address system is really confusing sometimes... We just want to have 1 shipping and 1 billing address. Then remove "NEW" button and allow user to edit or delete. On edit or delete shipping address, billing address shouldn't ber changed and vice versa. Now they are connected as one and thats the issue...

I saw your replay in this topic: www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/893925-b...-adresse.html#288650
And that's seems to be promising. If you could consider to add possibility to choose how many addresses you want to allow users to have via back-end that would be nice inprovement. So everyone would be able to have what they want. Allow 1 address or as many as he wants....

I have read a lot topics in hikashop regarding address and it seems i am not the only one who have same issue...

Kind Regards

6 years 1 month ago #288736

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, that's part of the plan. To be able to add the restriction of one of each type of addresses, we need to be able to have the different types of addresses functioning. So it will come with that improvment.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 weeks ago #290807

Hi Nicolas - but how will I do "remove the edit button"? i Found in
...components/com_hikashop/views/address/tmpl...
or
...components/com_hikashop/views/toolbar/tmpl...
some files, but I don't understand, which file to edit. Could you help me?

Daniel

6 years 2 weeks ago #290810

Hi,

The edit button of where ?
With HikaShop 3.4.0, the edit button of the addresses on the checkout can be removed by activating the "read only" setting of the "address" view of the checkout workflow area of the HikaShop configuration.
Or it can also be done with some CSS:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
There is no need to edit the views as far as I know.

The following user(s) said Thank You: comunion

6 years 2 weeks ago #290854

Hi, sorry for my bad explaintation :)

I need to delete the "New adress" Button when I go as an Shop-User in the Frontend on: My Profil > Adress >
There are 2 Buttons above (Screenshot): NEW and TERUG (back).

My customer don't want to give the Shop-user two adresses. There shall be no way to create another kind of adress.

Attachments:

6 years 2 weeks ago #290862

Hi,

You can do it by adding such CSS on your website:
.hikashop_address_listing .hikabtn:first-child {
display: none;
}

The following user(s) said Thank You: comunion

6 years 2 weeks ago #290939

Hi, thank you!! First it didn't work - than I used
#hikashop_address_listing .hikabtn:first-child {
}
instead of
.hikashop_address_listing .hikabtn:first-child {
}
Now everything is fine :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds