How to add custom fields near all products in cart?

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 1 month ago #288630

Hi,

i need a possibility for user to add notes for me to every product in cart view. Is there a way to do that?
If i use custom fields (item) it only shows these fields in product page, but not in cart.

Also if i choose custom field (item) as required, on category listing there are still button "Add to cart" and when i click it nothing happens, because there are required fields inside product. I think "Add to cart" should change smth like Choose options, so clicking on this goes to product page user can fill all required fields. How to achieve this?

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by arnask.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 month ago #288631

Hello,

A solution can be to directly use custom text item fields that you can configure via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields" :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html

• Hikashop Business
6 years 1 month ago #288669

Have you read my post?

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 1 month ago #288689

Hi,

It's not possible to have the custom item fields inputs display directly in the cart.
That would require some custom development on your end if you wanted that.

Regarding the listing, when a product has a custom item field that is required and that you configure the listing to not display the custom item fields on the listing but to display the add to cart buttons, then the system is supposed to display a "choose options" button instead of the add to cart button.
That's what it does no my end.
So maybe you're in a special case. We would need precise information to be able to reproduce the issue. Please provide:
- a screenshot of the custom item field
- a screenshot of the settings of your menu item "product options" settings
- a screenshot of the settings of the product itself
- a screenshot of the settings under the Display tab of the HikaShop configuration
That way we should be able to reproduce the issue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: arnask

• Hikashop Business
6 years 1 month ago #288762

nicolas, thanks for answer. Actually i've managed to achieve to display "choose options" button by setting "Add to cart" and "Custom item fields" to Yes in menu listing. There was Inherit option set on "Add to cart" which was "yes", but that did not worked, so i needed to manually set it to Yes.

But there are couple more problems:
1. In listing i click "Choose options" and product window opens with required custom item fields. If i do not put anything in required fields and click "Add to cart" button, no message appears, and page refreshed to menu listing view.
2. In custom item field window i set to not display it on Invoice. And that is ok with invoice i can generate through Orders window. But it is not ok with Invoice is send as pdf to customer. This pdf invoice is still displaying custom items, which is set to "No"
3. How can i see these custom item fields in backend? When i open order window there is no custom idte fields values user has entered. (all Custom fields Display options is set to Yes except invoice).
4. How to stay in listing, when custom item fields are filled and Add to cart button is clicked? I mean don't go to checkout window.

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by arnask.

6 years 1 month ago #288778

Hi,

1. Please provide a link to a page with the issue with a screenshot of the settings of the custom field.
2. You're saying PDF, so I suppose that you're using the PDF invoice plugin. Are you using a recent version of it ? Because since one year ago, we've added to it the support of the new display settings for custom item fields. If you're using a version from before, or if you did an override of the invoice template file of the plugin before that, then you didn't get the necessary change for the support of that invoice display option and that explains why it doesn't work.
3. Could you provide a screenshot of the custom item field settings and of the order details page ?
If the custom item field is in the invoice and not on the order details, then I can only think that there is a view override from an old version of HikaShop for the order edition page, preventing you from seeing the custom field (similar with point 2).
4. If you activate the "HikaShop cart notify" plugin or the hikashop cart module, you should stay on the page with the "add to cart legacy" setting deactivated in the HikaShop configuration.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 weeks ago #288983

1. After i activated "HikaShop cart notify" plugin problem solved.
2. I've downloaded and updated to this new version, but item fields is still in invoice. And yes, i'm using a very old hikashop instalation, but updated it to recent version, so i have more problems with that, f.e. Dashboard is not working. But how can i fix this? I can give you admin login, so you can check.
3. attached. I can find where to look for custom fields values in backend.
4. After i activated "HikaShop cart notify" plugin problem solved, and it stays in the same window, in which all custom item fields are filled, si if i press "continue shopping" button i can add another product to cart, but first i need to clear all custom item fields manually. I i need to add to my cart lots of the same products, but with different custom item fields, so every time i need to clear and enter new text.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 weeks ago #289010

Hello,

2 & 3 - Just like Nicolas told you :

If the custom item field is in the invoice and not on the order details, then I can only think that there is a view override from an old version of HikaShop for the order edition page, preventing you from seeing the custom field (similar with point 2).

So please, check your overrides.

4 - Thanks for the feedback. We will keep in mind for future improvements.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 weeks ago #289114

I have ZERO overrides in all views. And in order details page i can only see these custom item fields which table is Order, but i cant see Item custom fields.

6 years 3 weeks ago #289122

Hi,

Could you provide :
- a backend access
- instructions to look at an order with the issue
- a link to this thread
via our contact form ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
That way, we can have a look at the issue.

Regarding the dashboard on the frontend, it's also an override issue.
For example, you might have the "frontend CSS file" setting of the HikaShop configuration set to something else than "default". Set it to default and it should help.
Or it might be an issue with the CSS in your template.
If that doesn't help, we would also need instructions to look at that issue.

6 years 3 weeks ago #289196

Hi,

I checked your website with the information you provided.

So first, if you want the custom item fields to display in the order in the backend, you need to add the "super user" user group in your custom fields.
I've done it and it works.

Now, for the invoice, I don't know. The settings are fine. It looks like you're using an old version of the PDF invoice plugin or that you have a view override for the invoice of the PDF invoice plugin. Unfortunately, I can't check that for you without a FTP access.
Could you check on that ?
And if that doesn't help, could you provide a FTP access ?

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #289230

i've send you access to FTP.
Plugin is new. And what about Dashboard?

• Hikashop Business
6 years 1 week ago #289914

is there any news? you have all FTP and admin access.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 17 hours ago #290373

Really? come on i need support for that.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 11 months ago #291614

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

We tried to reproduce your issue with the same configuration as yours and after multiple tests, we weren't able to reproduce it, so we tried to install the last version of the "PDF invoice plugin" through your website, be we weren't able to do it as the size of the package exceeded your "maximum upload size".

Can you download the last version of the "PDF invoice plugin" through our website through the "My account->My orders" menu, install it and test it again ? If it's still not working will directly test and debug it through your website, using the FTP access you provided.

Regarding the dashboard on the frontend, did you checked the "frontend CSS file" setting of the HikaShop configuration to see if it's set to something else than "default". Setting it to "default" will help.
It might also be an issue with the CSS in your template.
If that doesn't help, we would also need instructions to look at that issue through some screenshots for example.

We are sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused.
Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds