Force a menu on the checkout not working and donation field...

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 month ago #289262

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 64.0.3282.186

I have a few quick questions.

1) I have Force a menu on the checkout set to a menu. The menu does not show on the check out page. The goal is to show a custom text and a banner or some custom HTML at the top of the cart.
2) Donation amount isn't working. I followed the how-to. I have it setup to $1 now but would like to have no amount (user enters an amount)
3) What is Language override Constant called for checkout progress bar? I would like to replace words "End" and "Cart".
4) I would like to collect Shipping Address info in any way possible. Our site does not allow registration. Is there any way to add custom fields for name, email, phone, and shipping address without registration on the site enabled? We use Business 3.3.0 if that helps.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 1 month ago #289271

Hello,

1 - Since the URL became :

/component/hikashop/checkout?Itemid=2652
I think that the feature is working as it should but that you selected a menu which is not an HikaShop checkout menu.

2 - What donation amount ?
There is no item custom field visible in the page you gave. If you do not have the item custom field for the donation, the plugin can't work.

3 - www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_ + TYPE

4 - By using guest checkout ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5....html#checkout_login

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 1 month ago #289305

Thank you.

#2. Donation doesn't sum up in the cart. I have $10 + $2 (donation), sum is $10

#3. Guest Checkout would be ideal and when I read the docs before buying the business version I thought that will work. However, I get the error:
Beware that the 'Allow User Registration' setting of the Joomla user manager is deactivated and thus, it will be deactivated on the HikaShop checkout and the HikaShop registration page too.

6 years 1 month ago #289307

Hello,

2 - Once again ; there is no item custom field available in the product listing page you gave us.
Without the item field ; we can't enter a value for the donation plugin. Thus the plugin cannot work if it does not have any value to use.
Please provide concrete details otherwise I'm afraid that our answer will stay the same.

3 - That message is a notice message since you do not authorize the creation of Joomla account.
The guest checkout do not create Joomla account ; so it will work.
Nevertheless, the message will be always be displayed in case you trying to change the "registration" setting ; it will always warn you that you have to stay in "guest checkout" otherwise it will not work.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 1 month ago #289377

OK, how do I add an item custom field to the product listing page?

6 years 1 month ago #289382

Hello,

Can you tell me where is the donation input field in your page ?

Because that field is right available in our demo website and the system is working perfectly fine there.
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...t-page/donation-page

I'm sorry, you did not set-up the donation system. Please read the indication in the demo website (link I gave you).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

6 years 1 month ago #289484

Donation field is the last "Sponsorship amount" item on your screenshot and can I ask you for a favor to remove that screenshot please.
Maybe I'm missing a step, here is what I've done so far...

- create a product named "Sponsorship amount" set the price to 0 and the category to "donation"
- go to "Hikashop -> Display -> Custom fields"
- create a new field
- set the "label" field to amount
- set the "table" field to item
- set the "Column name" field to amount
- set the "field type" to text
- set the "default value" to 0
- add the donation category
- enable the "HikaShop Donation plugin".

• Thank you received: 13059
6 years 1 month ago #289491

Hi,

You said that you want the custom field on the listing of products. Did you activate the display of custom item fields setting in the "HikaShop options" tab of the module ? Otherwise, the field won't appear in the module.
Also, in the settings of your custom field, you need to activate the "Front-end Product Listing" setting, otherwise it will only appear on the product page, not on the listing.
You also said that you restricted the custom field to the "donation" category so make sure that the product is in that category.

6 years 1 month ago #289571

Thank you for your patience with this. It was the custom field Front-end product listing that was not enabled.

Can I get some help with another related issue, please.

1) Is there a better way to list the "donation" field with the rest of the products (in the list as I have)? The "add to cart" button is out of alignment. Ideally, I would like to have that "donation" listed and look the same as rest of the products in that list.

2) I would love to have one-click donation amount button like on this page www.redcross.org/donate/donation Can you point me to the docs or a quick how-to that shows the setup?
Thanks again for your help with this.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Hikarioo.

6 years 1 month ago #289586

Hi,

1. You should move the product in the same category as the others and instead of restricting the custom field on the category, restrict it on the product itself.
That way, the donation product will better fit in with the other products as you'll have only one table and not two like you have now.
Regarding the alignment of the button and the input, you can use CSS to tweak that based on what you want:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

2. HikaShop is a shopping cart extension: you have listings of products, you click on the add to cart button for the products, you go to the checkout, select the necessary information, validate and pay.
It's not a one page payment form like you can see on that link. On that link, you always only pay for one product. There is no cart.
So while you can simplify the checkout of HikaShop (checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration) you can't have one page which has at the same time the product information and the custom item field of the product and the checkout.

6 years 1 month ago #289660

Perfect! Thank you. "Add to cart HTML" and CSS styling on a module can help me make it look/work the same way.

Sorry, I'm not clear on how to add the donation to the product category without the other products getting "enter amount" field. How do I restrict the "donation" item only to have the "amount" box and rest of the items to have only "quantity"?

6 years 1 month ago #289707

Hi,

Edit the custom field "enter amount" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
There, remove the category restriction and instead select the product on which you want the field in the "product" restriction setting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hikarioo

6 years 1 month ago #289737

Thank you!

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Hikarioo.

6 years 1 week ago #290683

I just realized that an empty donation field can be added to the cart.
In other words where I have "enter amount", if it's left blank, I can still click add and it will be added to the cart.
Here I have 11 empty "donations" that I've added. It all looks good ($0) but it would be great if I could prevent this from being added to cart in the first place. Donation is an optional item tough. One doesn't need to add it to the cart. I just don't want empty ones added, if that's possible.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 1 week ago #290699

Hello,

For this you can edit your custom field settings, you can for start define this field as Required to avoid to add with an empty input and add a RegEx in order to check that you don't have letter or only have 0 number.

Hope this will fit your needs.
Regards

Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Philip.

6 years 1 week ago #290750

Thank you. Can I make it a required field if I don't want a visitor necessarily to enter a value there? It's a donation field. The donation is optional.

Ideally "add to cart" would not add the item if the value is blank or zero. The value could be "none" (or something like that) in order for the visitor to be able to proceed to checkout, but not a zero or a blank. Is it possible to do some sort of if/then or something like that for an item?

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 1 week ago #290777

Hello,

Yes you can because the required state will only affect the add to cart on the page where the custom field is display, here on your donation page.
If your customer wants to make a donation, he will go on this page but if he don't want to do it, there is no point to go there.
If for a reason or another the customer is forced to pass on the donation page that can be an issue, but you aren't in this specific case, right ?

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Philip.

6 years 1 week ago #290833

Fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to explain how it works.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds