Redirected to wrong page on website after paypal payment

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 11 months ago #291995

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0 [1804261416]
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox & chrome

After upgrading today to Essential from Starter I have just placed a dummy order on my website to confirm it is all working and after successfully paying for an order through paypal I was redirected to the wrong url when clicking the link to return to the merchants site.
I have created a custom "thank you for your order page", and In the paypal plugin I have specified the url to return to that article i created
(link is ... /index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=1578)
but the url i was directed to from paypal was structured like this :
...index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end&order_id=365&Itemid=1560
which resulted in a 403 error.

If anyone can help with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 11 months ago #292026

Hi,

That URL is the normal return URL which allows HikaShop to clear the cart (among other things), before redirecting you to the return URL you configured in the payment method.
So the problem is not that the URL you configured is not taken into account, it's that the normal return URL ends up in a 403 error.
On my end, if I try to access the URL index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end&order_id=365&Itemid=1560 of your website, I'm correctly redirected to the index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=1578 URL.
Could you check that it is the case for you too ?
Also, maybe your browser has some cache which prevents you from seeing the redirection working. So try to clear your browser's cache, or try with another browser.
If that doesn't help, please activate the error reporting and debug mode of the Joomla configuration and try again. Please provide the precise information displayed on the 403 error page at that point.

5 years 11 months ago #292062

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I've cleared caches, and tried it in chrome and in firefox, but same thing happens.. also I've tried to go through the checkout process again with debug and error reporting but it didn't throw up any error messages for me when paypal redirected me back to the website (perhaps I am doing something wrong?? i'm not very experienced with using error reporting and not sure where the errors would show up) but yeah it still took me back to the same wrong page 403 error (also, the 403 error page is maybe from a different template, not the one that i am actually using - i don't know if that is relevant)
However some errors did show up when i just typed the return url straight into the browser rather than being sent there from paypal.. if that makes sense.

I'm actually finding it all a bit difficult to explain so here are some screenshots

This is where you are meant to be redirected to after successfully paying for an order through paypal:
...index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=1578

This is instead where I am being re-directed from paypal after paying for an order: (firefox & chrome)
...index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=after_end&order_id=367&Itemid=1560

If I type the address above (the incorrectly re-directed url to ..Itemid=1560) straight into internet explorer without being sent there from paypal this is what i see : (error reporting and debugging on)

(which i am assuming is the default hikashop return screen, because of the option to view your order? minus the errors of course...)

and if i do the same again but in firefox or chrome (just type in that incorrectly re-directed url straight into the browser without being sent there from paypal) i get a different screen again, with less errors and no option to view order details..

It's all very confusing to me, so I'm sorry if i'm not providing the right information.
Thank you for your time!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 11 months ago #292101

Hi,

Usually, 403 errors on the frontend are linked to issues with SEF URLs or menu items settings.
The URL uses the Itemid 1560. Could you provide screenshots of the settings of the menu item with the id 1560 ?
Also, are you using some SEF extension like sh404SEF ?

Regarding these notices, they unfortunately don't help.

5 years 11 months ago #292128

I'm not using any SEF extensions. From having a look at the setup of menu itemid 1560 i can see that it is related to legacy cart, but i turned legacy cart off because it was causing a problem - could this be the culprit???

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 11 months ago #292151

Hello,

This can be the reason of the issue, you have to redefine your Menu Item Type to Checkout only (or without "Legacy"), and process some new tests.
Hope this will help you to solve your issue.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Philip.

5 years 11 months ago #292408

Unfortunately the problem still seems to be happening =(

5 years 11 months ago #292440

Hello,

Maybe you have set a wrong return url in your Paypal payment plugin ? Can you check this point ?

If you don't set any return url, you will have to send us some backend references in order to process some tests by ourself.
For this use our Contact us form, and don't forget to add to your message an Url link to this topic.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

5 years 11 months ago #292541

I am quite sure the return url that I had entered into that field is correct :-/ but, I must have done something wrong somewhere.

I will send through some login details now, if anyone could take a look and help me figure this out it would be wonderful, thank you so much.

5 years 11 months ago #292558

Hello,

After have a look on your backend, maybe you have to modify your return Url in your Paypal plugin, right now it's :
www.daisuki.com.au/index.php?option=com_...e&id=115&Itemid=1578

And your Item Menu (Thank you page) id may not work because it is unpublished.

Published it in order to have a working link, and process some tests and make a feedback to show us the result.
Regards

5 years 11 months ago #292587

Unfortunately it doesn't work when it is published either, i still get sent back to Error 403 page =(

5 years 11 months ago #292633

Hello,

I process some tests on your website and it seems that you have several 403 error, see this example when I try to log in your Checkout :

Now, I wonder if your solution is on your server configuration side, because it seems that something block some of HikaShop elements, see by example this page that list a point to check to solve some issue.

See this :

Hope that will help you to get the root issue.
Regards

5 years 11 months ago #292673

Oh dear, I have no idea what any of that means or how or where to try fixing any of that =(
Are you able to give me any more advice?? I can't even seem to replicate those errors on my computer...

Hmm I have just made a change in Admin Tools to do with csrf shield, do you still get those errors??

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by jess116.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 11 months ago #292713

Hello,
Can you :
- Activate the Joomla debug mode ("Administration->Global configuration->System->Debug System/Language")
- Set the "error reporting" option of the Joomla configuration to "maximum"
- Test it again so that you can see if it display an error message which will help you to understand from what your issue is coming.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds