Have different billing / delivery address

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 11 months ago #292613

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7

Hi,

I see this has been a hot topic over the years. I need the checkout to have different billing / delivery address. The shop is a flower delivery business and the delivery address is pretty much always a different address.

If I set the checkout in legacy mode you do have the option to untick the 'same as billing' option but it is still not that great, I can see it be confusing for shoppers. With the new updated version it still does not look like there is a simple option to add a different delivery address different from billing.

Can you please advice on what I need to do to have this working? My client has been receiving bad feedback from online shoppers on checkout process, I really need a solution to improve the checkout.

www.brilliantbudsflowersandgifts.com/flowers-online

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 11 months ago #292641

Hello,

Can you precise what seems wrong to you ? Customer forget to set a different billing address ? The way Address field are displayed seems illogical ? It confuse (and how) customers etc...

From what I see right now, everything is correct, maybe just remove the address from the Guest log in ?

By the way, maybe you can use the new Checkout Workflow to have 2 differents address fields (1 for Shipping & 1 for billing) the both have to be completed to continue Checkout process, see my screenshot :

If there is more to solve, precise your needs and what you want achieved.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 11 months ago #292675

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried different options based on your information below and I think I have managed to come up with a workable solution. I am testing the setup on my localserver. I have attached images of the configuration and two of checkout step from that setup, I will also have to edit the language file as per sample images.

Can you see any issues/problems with the setup and changes? If not I will try to implement it on the live site.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 11 months ago #292690

Hello Lene,

As you can see through Philippe's screenshots, you should actually should choose for each address step if you want them to be shipping or billing address selection.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds