I want to add a view cart button/option

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #294081

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.henchmode.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.18

I'm not using the cart in legacy mode.

I am using the Hikashop cart module in "dropdown cart mode" and currently the only way customers can view their cart is by clicking on the small text link displayed by the Hikashop cart module.

I want to create a more obvious way for customers to check their cart contents, and I have tried to create a Joomla menu option which links to the separate cart module (not displayed in mini-cart dropdown mode). It will successfully display a page with the cart contents, but the "checkout with card" button does not work. Whenever you press it, it simply reloads the page again.

Whenever this menu item and shopping cart module are published, it prevents the "checkout with card" button working on the main cart module which displays in drop down mode. Unpublishing the menu item with separate cart module restores functionality to the main cart module.

Any idea how I can fix this, or suggestions for a simpler, more obvious way for custoemrs to check their cart contents?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 10 months ago #294102

Hi,

First, instead of creating a menu item with a random type and adding the display of a cart module to it, you can instead create a menu item of the type "hikashop cart" so that it displays the cart without going through the module.
Also, if the proceed to checkout button doesn't work, it's probably an issue with the "force a menu on checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
Please make sure that this setting is set to a menu item of the type "HikaShop checkout" and that should work fine.

5 years 10 months ago #294111

Thanks for this Nicolas

I only have the option to create a checkout style menu, which forces the user to regsiter. I want them to be able to check cart without registering.

Under "Menu Item Type > Hikashop" I do not see an option for "hikashop cart". Am I looking in the right place?

5 years 10 months ago #294114

Hi,

Under the "menu item type > hikashop" you have the type "cart display". Select it and the menu item will link directly to the display of the current cart. And it doesn't require you to have a user account to access that type of menu items.

5 years 10 months ago #294145

Thanks for your reply.

I do not appear to have this option. Screenshot attached.

I'm up to date on Joomla and Hikashop versions.

Is it a module/plugin that I have turned off maybe?

Attachments:

5 years 10 months ago #294153

Hi,

I had missed the fact that you're using the Starter edition of HikaShop.
The "cart display" menu item is part of the multicart capabilities of the commercial editions of HikaShop, so that explains why you don't see it.

Then, as an alternative, what you could do is use the type "checkout", and in the "checkout workflow" of the HikaShop configuration, you could configure a first step with only the cart view.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds