• Thank you received: 2
5 years 9 months ago #294436

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

Hi
This site is really giving me a headache. The requirements now are:

• 4 main categories
  • User groups - Public/Guest for all 4 categories - German dealers for 2 main categories -and Swiss dealers for same 2 main categories - German dealers for 1 other main category -and Swiss dealers for the same 1 main category - no dealers for the 4th category
  • The dealers for the 2 main categories have different prices, depending on country (Euro or CHF)
  • The dealers for the 2 main categories are only allowed to pay via invoice; all other groups can also use paypal
  • The dealers for the 2 main categories do not have defined shipping and should be referred to a PDF document for Sales conditions
  • The dealers for the 1 main categories can choose payment method and post is calculated based on minimum and maximum prices
For the group with only 1 category, everything functions as it should. When a dealer from that group logs in, they see the dealer prices for that category. When adding to the cart, the shipping cost is correct and they have a choice of payment methods.

For the 2 Category group, that does not happen. They don't see the dealer prices, just the normal prices. The shipping costs are shown as free and they have the choice of both payment methods.
In addition, when in the cart, they are still required to add address, although they are registered (manually added to the users) and an address is available.
I've set everything up the same way (I believe) and have gone over it xxx times, but can't see where/how to fix this. I'd be grateful for help, including paid help.

Regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 9 months ago #294448

Hi,

We would be happy to help, but for that we would need concrete information:
- a precise use case with what happens instead of what you want to happen (for example, one product specifically)
- a link to the page with instructions on how to reproduce (with a test user account if necessary)
- a screenshot of the settings of the product you're using for your example so that we can see precisely how it has been configured
That way, we should be able to have a better picture of the situation and tell you what you're missing.

5 years 9 months ago #294469

Hi Nicolas

The easiest thing would be to provide you with full access, but I can't do that here openly.
Example :
Remove from original message by the moderator

This part I now have working correctly

Add to basket and go to checkout
Note the postage : Protect und Ortho versand CHF - Livraison gratuite - Frais de port selon les conditions du concessionnaire
The "Livraison gratuite" in the middle is generated because the cost is set to 0 but this is wrong.

I've now found that the user addrss has to be added in hikashop > customers, so that sorts my issue with addresses out

At the bottom I still have both Paypal and invoice options. I've used the access level in the paypal payment option. Selecting the specific groups means that the can't use it, but it still shows up.

In summary: what I'd like to change is that

• the "Free postage" generated by the 0 amount is changed or hidden and
  • that only the invoice option shows up and not paypal

I've attached a couple of screen shots.

I'm very uncomfortable adding a username and password that anyone can read. I'd be grateful if you could delete that in this post.

Regards and thank you,
David

[Moderator : For your own security, don't provide your username and password[Moderator]

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 9 months ago #294532

Hi David,

- the "Free postage" generated by the 0 amount is changed or hidden and

Can you also tell us how do you exactly want to change it ?

- that only the invoice option shows up and not paypal

In that case, can you also tell us when you want your "PayPal" payment method to be available ? Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 9 months ago #294552

Hi Mohamed

I'd like that the message generated by setting shipping costs to 0, can be changed. I hunted in the language files, but couldn't find it to create an override. Alternatively, that this message can be hidden, using CSS

I want paypal to be an option when guests make a purchase but not for registered dealers.

Regards
David

5 years 9 months ago #294559

Hello David,

I'd like that the message generated by setting shipping costs to 0, can be changed. I hunted in the language files, but couldn't find it to create an override. Alternatively, that this message can be hidden, using CSS

Using some CSS code will probably do the job :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...the-display.html#css

I want paypal to be an option when guests make a purchase but not for registered dealers.

In that case setting the "Access level" option to "Guest" should do the job.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 9 months ago #294602

Hallo Mohamed

I'm afraid it's not that simple.
Paypal shows up whatever I do with the access levels.

If I use CSS to hide a message, it's hidden for all items, not just the specific category.

There is also something very strange happening:
For one category -kstyle - everything works as it should. When a dealer from either country logs in the prices are shown correctly as the dealer prices in the appropriate currency. This category has shipping defined and that all works as it should, except that paypal is a payment option, which it shouldn't be for dealers.
Using exactly the same settings for the other 2 main categories - ortho and protect - the dealer prices are not shown to the specified group. The postage messages are not correctly showing everytime and paypal is still an option for dealers.

Update: For swiss dealers it apparently now works, but not for the group german dealers. I had someone test it from Germany, to ensure that it wasn't because of the IP-Address that the problem was happening, but had the same result: price is not shown correctly and no payment method at all.

This is very confusing.
I tried setting access restriction for each price and had the unpleasant experience, that one price just disappeared when saving the product.

I am really stuck here and I hope you can help.

Regards
David

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by iamalive.

5 years 9 months ago #294618

Hello David,

Paypal shows up whatever I do with the access levels.

Can you show us some screenshots of how you configured your PayPal payment method especially the "access level" option ?

If I use CSS to hide a message, it's hidden for all items, not just the specific category.

Setting this line through the "Override" section of language file edition page via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Languages" will do the job :
FREE_SHIPPING=""
For more information about language overrides :
www.hikashop.com/download/languages#translate

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds