How to change the layout of the cart view on checkout

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 9 months ago #295029

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

can you please guide me where i can modify the layout of the cart view in the checkout.

i would like to make it appear in the right side like my example.

thank you.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 9 months ago #295038

Hi,

It will be simpler to remove the "cart" block from your checkout workflow and then configure and enable the HikaShop cart module via the Joomla modules manager to be positioned on the right side bar during the checkout.
That way, you won't have any coding.

If you want to edit the views of the checkout (or any other views), I would recommend reading this tutorial which explains how to find which view file to edit and how to edit it in HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

5 years 9 months ago #295064

Hi Nick

thank you for your answer.

my other questions

1. would it be totally ok if no cart view on the checkout process and only display it on the module? i mean no technical issue?
a. How can i remove the image, name and price or cart title in the module?
b. can increase the size of the image? i tried using css and the image is blurred

2. Another thing i would like to customize is actual checkout.

this is what happens

a. once shopper checks out as guest he will fill up his email and delivery info.
b. he ticks billing and shipping is the same
c. He selects payment method, example is paypal
d. accepts terms and conditions
e finally clicks finish

but the page reloads displaying billing and shipping address, the shipping info, terms and again the payment info.
would it be possible to add everthing on one page?

when shopper click finish he is already sent to what ever payment facility he chooses

3. can you please tell me where to customise the selector? how can i make the content of the selector appear under the selector? just like the normal tabs.

thank you for your patience

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by ronron.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 9 months ago #295083

Hello,

1. Sure.
a. Using options from the "Hikashop Options" tab of the cart Joomla module.
b. Using the "Thumbnail (width x height)" and "Force image size" options via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main"

2. Can you check if you have properly et the "Checkout legacy" option to "NO" via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Advanced" ?

3.Can you show us more information about what you want to customize and how ? Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 9 months ago #295291

pleaes see my other inquiries

b. Using the "Thumbnail (width x height)" and "Force image size" options via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main"

this did not work, i already set the thumbnail to 200X300 force image size . just to clarify this is the one that i want to change. i want to change the image size to 200X300. Also how to remove the titles image, name and price.this is the cart module

c. 2. Can you check if you have properly et the "Checkout legacy" option to "NO" via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Advanced" ?

Yes, this is set to no. To clarify when i removed the restrictions on the payment and shipping plugin checkout was one click only. This is what i want. The problem now is in this setup there is no restrictions working. I think the reason clicking on next on the initial setup takes two steps is because of the hikashop is validating the address and running the address info to the restrictions. is there setup where this can work on the same page with out loading or via ajax i gues?. so that the restrictions will update on the fly.

3.Can you show us more information about what you want to customize and how ? Thank you.

i want to change the selector layout into tabs layout. How can i change this so that clicking one tab will display the fields below it and not on the right side. in the screen shot clicking a button will display the fields on the right. i want it below the buttons. CAn you tell me what to do? which file to edit?

thank you for your patience

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by ronron.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 9 months ago #295318

Hi,

b. You need to edit the file "cart" of the view "product" and change the height/width set there when calling the function to generate the thumbnail.

2. It should already refresh with AJAX so that you don't have to click twice on the finish button at the bottom. That's the whole point of the new checkout system which is fully AJAX.
You didn't provide a URL or instructions to reproduce the issue on your website so I can't say anything more precise. But for example, if you have a restriction on the zone so that shipping or payment methods changes based on the country, then, if you removed the "register" button from the "login" view of the checkout workflow, then the customer won't be able to click on the button to validate the registration and refresh the shipping / payment methods dynamically in ajax. Because of that it will have to be done in the "finish" process and thus HikaShop will redisplay the checkout page as things changed and we can't finish the checkout if things changed and the customer doesn't know about them and validate them first.

3. You'll have to customize the file "show_block_login" via the menu Display>Views. CSS will also help.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds