Blank page after entering payment (CC) info

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #295346

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.keystroke.ca/en/brand/checkout/task-step/step-4.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10

After you've entered payment option, in this case a CC, and click next the page loads a blank page.

There is a $0.01 product on our site under freebies (left menu) that we've tried testing on.

Not sure where to start looking to solve problem, nothing so far on forum close to relative.

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by frlabao2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #295349

We're restoring to an earlier version, apparently we are now having trouble saving new products.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 9 months ago #295372

Hello,

1 - Which payment plugin are you using ?

2 - We can see the word "step" in your URL ; which mean that you're using the legacy checkout.
We highly recommend to migrate to the HikaShop 3 checkout system and do not use the legacy one anymore.

3 - What is that "earlier version" and what is the precise issue/message ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 9 months ago #295418

We're using Moneris for payment

Before restoring to site to an older backup we were getting this weird page load after saving/editing a product. After either click save or save/close, it would load a blank page with "#" at the top left corner but our products would still save the new edits.

I've tried switching to the new checkout system but it's a bit buggy.

I can't check the checkbox for Terms and Conditions, the submit button for coupon has no text so the button literally looks like this []

I would probably say there's more but I cannot continue checkout process without selecting the checkbox for TC

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 9 months ago #295421

Hi,

Install the new version, and turn off the "legacy checkout" setting in the HikaShop configuration to switch to the new checkout.

If you still have a blank page error, turn on the "error reporting" and the "debug mode" settings of the Joomla configuration and try again. You should then get an error message on that blank page which will help understanding what is going on.

Regarding the T&C checkbox, if it doesn't work, please check if you have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout/show_block_terms.php and if you do, rename it in order to deactivate it.
Regarding the coupon submit button, I can think or either a translation override issue or a CSS problem. Hard to say anything more without being able to look at the issues directly on your website.

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by nicolas.

5 years 9 months ago #295489

The removal of the template file worked but will have to dig deeper to find whats wrong with the button. Still haven't switched to new checkout system yet.

But we finally have a culprit as to what is wrong with our checkout. Instead of a blank page after entering CC we're getting:
"declined * invalid transaction=cannot process*invalid trans"

Googled it and looks like it's an issue with Moneris, but if you guys have any input about it it would much appreciated.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 9 months ago #295501

Hi,

From what I can see ( developer.moneris.com/More/Testing/Financial%20Response%20Codes ) this error means : "CARD NOT SUPPORTED" or "NOT APPROVED NO POS ACCESS".
So either the card cannot be used (for example, if you're using a credit card that only supports american express and that your merchant account can only accept visa/mastercard), or the merchant account is not "approved", meaning that something needs to be activated on Moneris' end to be able to use your merchant account.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds