how to display both billing and registration page on checkout

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 8 months ago #295746

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 5.5
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

how do i display both shipping and billing at the same time?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 8 months ago #295747

Hi,

The shipping address fields cannot be displayed during the registration. That would require some core changes that are not easy to make.

5 years 8 months ago #295778

hi nic

to clarify, i was taking about billing and shipping during checkout.

what i have now is during checkout the billing appears and buyer has the option to check or uncheck the option to have billing and shipping address to be the same.

what i was asking is that during checkout the billing and shipping to appear side by side.

thanks

5 years 8 months ago #295785

Hi,

To be clear: It's not possible to have the billing address and the shipping address forms side by side on the checkout.
Maybe if you add two address views to your checkout workflow, one only for billing and one only for shipping, and that you turn off the "ask address on registration" setting, then maybe you would be able to have both forms on the checkout right after the registration of the customer. Then, you would need a bit of CSS to have them display one next of the other because by default they would display one below the other.

5 years 8 months ago #295887

hi nick

can you pls tell me what the normal setup for checkout hikashop has? am i right that the customer has to click something if he wishes to fill up a separate shipping address?

also is there a reason why hikashop has no billing and shipping side by side? is it better?

thanks

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295921

Hello,

In your case, the solution will probably be to directly add 2 "Address" action to your checkout workflow step (Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout) and set the "Type" option of the first one to "Billing address" and to "Shipping address" for the second one.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 7 months ago #296373

hi

its not appearing i tried to add this as seen below

is this correct

below is what i can see in the front end. its still only one

thanks

Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #296384

Hi,

You need to turn off the "ask address on registration" setting of the login view if you want to do what proposes Mohamed.
In that case, there will be no address asked on the login view, but once logged in (or in guest mode), each address block will display the form for its own type of address.

5 years 7 months ago #296421

HI

when i followed the instructions both billing and shipping disappeared and a button appeared.

1. When clicking the button that is when both billing and shipping appears. If i remove the button the billing and shipping will appear after clicking finish. My questions is would it be possible to make this a smooth checkout? Upon checkout, billing and shipping address, shipping method and billing method will appear in one page. when buyer is done with his selection simply click finish and his done.

2. if i select the option with show submit button = of

shipping and billing address does not appear, what i can see is the shipping and payment method. after clicking finish the billing and shipping address appears. after filling this up another scenario presents itself. to click save or not. if he clicks save no new page appears but if not he goes straight to finish, a new page will load. So these is a bit confusing and is no longer a one page checkout. if i choose this setting can these be a one page checkout with everything already out?

3. if i select the option with show submit button = on

clicking the button will display the shipping and billing address but if buyer does not click ok button he will be presented with a new page as shown below.

so my next question is can we have a smooth checkout without the extra buttons? after filling up the forms and clicking the desired payment method the buyer clicks finish and his done. Maybe i just need to configure it correctly.

4. BTW when i followed your suggested configuration the radio button informing the buyer that address is same with shipping,Same address for shipping, is no longer working. so uncheck or check doesn't matter and buyer needs to fill up both billing and shipping. how can we fix this? please

5. Also how do i set the check boxes to uncheck. So that the buyer will have to check it if he wants the billing and shipping to be as one.

i tried different configurations to check if i can get a smooth one page checkout but i cant make it work. please assist

thanks

[Moderator : ] Don't edit your message a long time after had posted it, if you have something to add or correct post a new message, thanks for your attention.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Philip.

5 years 7 months ago #296424

Hi,

Your question is basically "how can I add the shipping address fields on the registration form ?". To which I already answered in my first message in this thread:

The shipping address fields cannot be displayed during the registration. That would require some core changes that are not easy to make.

There is one alternative though:
Do not use the "address" view, remove the address from the login view, and instead create custom order fields to ask the addresses to the customer.
Note however that in that case, these won't be taken into account by the shipping system if you're using shipping methods like UPS, USPS, etc as they require an address entered through the standard address form.

To uncheck the chekbox of the registration form, you would have to edit the file "sub_block_login_registration" and change the line:
			<input class="hikashop_checkout_same_address_checkbox" id="hikashop_address_<?php echo $this->step . '_' . $this->module_position . '_same_address_input'; ?>" type="checkbox" name="data[same_address]" value="1"/>
to:
			<input class="hikashop_checkout_same_address_checkbox" id="hikashop_address_<?php echo $this->step . '_' . $this->module_position . '_same_address_input'; ?>" type="checkbox" name="data[same_address]" value="0"/>

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds