Email address already used in Guest Checkout.

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 8 months ago #296241

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 67.0.3396.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

@support,

Ok, I have read lots in forum about this and its seems like its been going on for years

I want a guest to purchase a product/s checkout go to paypal and pay.
They use This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as there guest email and enter their address details.

In 2 months when I run a campaign, I want them to be a returning user/customer and use the same email, I dont want them to create a user in the system, just use the one they have used before. I read that you suggest they use another email address, some people only have one email address.

How do you get around a returning customer using a guest (same email) registration and maybe changed shipping address.

It seems crazy that you are asking a customer as a one time purchase and not return.

Any help on this, code changes would be appreciated, I am trying to get the clients website live this weekend.

Thanks in advance,
MSF

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
5 years 8 months ago #296252

Hi,

There is no need to change any code. HikaShop already supports guest checkout and the customers will be able to reuse their email address without having to use another one.

The only requirement is that they don't create a user account with the email address. If they do, then, they have to login with it, or use another email address if they still want to guest checkout.

So if you get the error saying than an email is already is use, it means that you previously created a user account for that user. Delete the user account in the Joomla user manager for that email address and you will be able to guest checkout with that email address as much as you want.

The following user(s) said Thank You: markfell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds