Custom field not storing in Database and not seen in emails.

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 8 months ago #296282

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 67.0.3396.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

@support,

The giftcard custom field in the checkout when filled in and added to the cart, is see on the front end.

When checkout is complete. The custom field name and image is displayed on the invoice and email.

But the wording is not seen, nor is it saved in the database.

I can open the order in the backend, edit the custom field and add some text and it will then display in the invoice, shipping invoice and email.

What is missing that is doesnt happen at checkout ?

A side note, my second custom field, which is a file upload works, uploads the file and the name information is shown in the backend, invoices, and emails. The only difference this is a item with a field type "file" not "text" as the giftcard custom field.

Please see attached

Thanks in advance,
MSF

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by markfell. Reason: Did another test and looked in phpadmin at the order database, "null" Also added the images from the email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 8 months ago #296309

Hi,

You have a custom item field. Your screenshot from your database is from the table hikashop_order, however, the data of custom item fields is not stored in that table but in the table hikashop_order_product so you need to check there.
I also tried to look at the issue on your website but you activated the maintenance mode of the shop so I can do anything.
Please provide a direct link to a product page with the issue, a backend access and a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can have a look:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: markfell

5 years 8 months ago #296327

@Nicolas,

Contact us replied to.

Thanks,
MSF

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #296338

@Nicolas,

I have turned off maintenance, so you can test, its any balloon at checkout, that is where the gift card is selected, the one on the right hand side where you enter some wording.

We you have looked can you please put the shop back into maintenance.

Thanks,
MSF

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #296336

Hello,

We didn't succeed to reproduce your issue on our end with the same configuration, can you also send us a temporary FTP and database access ? Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #296350

Mohamed,

You did reproduce the error, the order T17 which you created.
The giftcard has no information from the custom field that you entered, in the invoice.

There is nothing there, that is the issue. Whatever you entered "example text" its not there, but you would have seen it in the cart at checkout.

FTP has been setup, not sure how I can set you up to access the database, as I have only one Cpanel login to my account.

I have sent FTP info via contact us.

Regards
MSF

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #296386

Hello,

You did reproduce the error, the order T17 which you created.
The giftcard has no information from the custom field that you entered, in the invoice.

There is nothing there, that is the issue. Whatever you entered "example text" its not there, but you would have seen it in the cart at checkout.

Yes we successfully reproduced it on your end, but not on our website with the same configuration, that's why we asked you to provide us with a temporary FTP / Database access.

After a lot of tests we found that you issue was coming from your custom item field's "column name" value, can you test it after re-creating another custom item field with another column name ? Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #296441

Thank you Mohamed,
Changed it to giftcard_name and works a dream.
Is "giftcard" a reserved word in the system ??

MSF

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 8 months ago #296443

Hi,

That's because you must have previously created a custom field of the table "product" named "giftcard" and there is an issue in that case in the way the system works as it has to merge the data coming from the product in the cart and the data from the product itself at some point. And if you have a column "giftcard in the hikashop_product table and one in the hikashop_cart_product table, then the one in the hikashop_product table will take priority.
So no, that word is not reserved and that's why Mohamed didn't had the error on his end when testing on his own test website.
In the next release, we'll add a check so that you can't create a custom item field with the same column name of a column in the hikashop_product table. That will avoid someone else having the same problem.

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markfell

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds