Product variant qty and global qty in checkout

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 7 months ago #296444

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 67.0.3396.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

@support,

Here is a nice for you :)

If I select 3 products for example. Each product I select a qty in the variant.

So Product 1 = 3 x Red @ $9.00, Product 2 = 3 x Blue @ $9.00 and Product 3 = 3 Yellow @ $9.00

So in the cart I would have:

Product 1 Red QTY 3 $9.00

Product 2 Blue QTY 3 $9.00

Product 3 Yellow QTY 3 $9.00

Total Coast $27.00

Now is it possible for the checkout to count the qty which would be 12 and then charge $25.20 as that is the cost in the variant for a QTY of 12.

Is that possible, or totally restricted in the add to cart / product / checkout system ?

Thanks in advance,

MSF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 7 months ago #296449

Hi,

It's possible if the variants are from the same product. In that case, you can set the prices in the main product and the system will automatically the global cart quantity of all the variants of the product to check the minimum quantity setting of the prices.
If not, then you can sometimes use auto loaded coupons to load a coupon based on the total quantity of the products of a category in the cart.
And as a last resort, you can create a plugin to override the price of the products in the cart. In that case, you can pretty much have any rule you want as long as you code it in the plugin.

The following user(s) said Thank You: markfell

5 years 7 months ago #296522

@Nicolas,

Thank you, all the main products are set to "$3.00 for 3; / $2.40 for 6; / $2.10 for 12; / $1.85 for 24; / $1.75 for 50; "
Values are not set in the variants.

So if they select qty 3 from product 1 and then qty 3 from product 3, the cart currently adds the total to $9.00 for each product with a total of $18.00

But as they are all in the same category, can they then add to $14.40 for 6 (based on $2.40 * 6 )

Or do I have to do something really clever with the coupons ?

Thanks in advance,
MSF

5 years 7 months ago #296523

Hi,

Yes, with coupons:
- only set the "for 3" price (supposing that you don't have any price below)
- then, create one auto loaded coupon with a minimum quantity of 6 for the category of these products (or no category restriction if all products are like that) and a discount value of 18-14.4 => 3.6
- create another one similar but with a minimum quantity of 9 and the value 36 - 12*2.1 => 10.8
...etc...
That way, no discount will appear until you look at the cart module or cart in the checkout. There, the corresponding coupon will be loaded automatically based on what is in the cart.
And if you still want the prices for the quantity input dropdown (supposing you're using one) then you want to have 3 for all the prices.

The following user(s) said Thank You: markfell

5 years 7 months ago #296635

@Nicolas,
Thank you, this works with the coupons.
The only issue I found now with the prices in the main product.

I set all priced to $3.00, the way I did it was, delete all the price, and re added them from Qty 3, 6, 12, 24 & 51
So they looked like the image below.

The only problem now is that the qty is shown only with the dropdown (select by price) of 51.

I had to go back and delete all the prices, re-enter starting 51,24,12,6 & 3, then is shows correctly.

Is there some option to turn on / off in the configuration to fix this ?

Thanks,
MSF

Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #296654

Hi,

There is no option. The quantities are displayed in the dropdown in the order of the prices and that order is the order in which you filled them in.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds