5 years 8 months ago #296504

-- url of the page with the problem -- : navlife.com.au/shop/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 61.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Hi,

I have a selector in my checkout (Login, Resitration, Guest). In Guest mode I fill all the detail out and hit the next button under the address form and nothing happens. Should this button read "Next" or "Register"?

Can you let me know why this button is non responsive?

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 8 months ago #296513

Hi,

The system doesn't see the user as being added and loaded in session and thus displays back the form.
Do you see a user entrey being added for that email address in the Customers listing in the backend of HikaShop ?
Do you have some kind of custom plugin for HikaShop or third party extensions integrated with HikaShop ? If so, which ones ?

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 8 months ago #296551

Hi,

There is no user added in the customer listing. I have a number of 3rd party plugins
- Square Up Payments
- Afterpay
- ZipMoney
- TNT Shipping

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

5 years 8 months ago #296553

Hi,

I guess e would need a backend and FTP access to be able to look into it as we'll probably have to debug the validate function of the administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/checkout/login.php file and maybe also the register function of the administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php file.
You can provide that along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 8 months ago #296578

Contact form sent.

5 years 8 months ago #296597

Hi,

We only got the backend access. Could you also provide the FTP access please ?

5 years 8 months ago #296606

Sent via contact form

5 years 8 months ago #296611

Hi,

I found the issue.
It would have helped if you could have told us that you had the error message "You cannot proceed to a guest checkout as some of the products in your cart require a registration to our website. Please register an account or remove these products from your cart in order to proceed." when you tried to use the "next" button at the bottom of the page. Because, basically, the "next" button of the guest form has the same behavior (it doesn't let you proceed because you have a product that cannot be bought by guest users), but it doesn't catch the error message from the user group after purchase plugin properly.
So I had to do a lot of debugging to understand that it was coming from the "user group after purchase". And once I did, I directly checked the "next" button at the bottom and directly understood where lied the problem.
So I made a patch to properly pass the messages from the plugins when trying to save a new guest user so that the checkout ajax system can display them. It's now working fine on your website. We'll also add the patch on our end.

5 years 8 months ago #296636

Hi Nicolas,

I didn't know this error existed otherwise I would have known the cause. What I am struggling with now is that I don't see an option in the products where you can offer the product to a guest user? Where would I find this option? All my product and category access levels point to all users. The only part where this changes is the pricing of products where I have a normal price and member price but this should not affect the checkout or guest checkout as an unregistered user does not see the member prices, only the prices of the public/guest users.

Where would I find the option to make a product fit for guest checkout?

5 years 8 months ago #296637

Ok looks like I have worked it out. To be able to have a product available for guest checkout you have to set the custom field "User Group after Purchase" to NONE. I guess I could have kept the value "Purchased" in there if I had have made the Parent Group "Guest" not "Registered".

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 8 months ago #296640

Hello,

Guest account do not have Joomla account ; so they don't have Joomla groups.
That is the very reason of that warning message :

You cannot proceed to a guest checkout as some of the products in your cart require a registration to our website. Please register an account or remove these products from your cart in order to proceed.

Once again, please provide these messages when you create your thread in our forum. There is a dedicated input field for these error/warning messages !

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 8 months ago #296653

Yes I would have done so if at the time it showed an error message. I was asking how to allow guest checkout for any products but I worked it out that you can not use the custom field "User Group after Purchase" for products you want to allow guest checkout for which in my case is for all products so I has to set this to NONE for all products and it is working now.

Maybe add this note to your documentation for others to see as I didn't find anything on this in your documentation.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds