How to have products appear in a different module positon

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #296683

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.8

I have two vertically cascading Joomla! module positons, both of width 100%. The top is generally for a banner on the homepage and the one below contains my Hikashop module.

My Hikashop module displays categories with no children and is set to appear on the home page. Everything works, including viewing the products in the category. However the products appear still underneath the banner

I am able to scrolll down to the Hikashop module, but on selecting a category I would like this to appear in the "Banner" position. Is this possible?

Is it possible to have the products appear in a separate module position?

is it possible when clicking the category to have the products appear on a new page (which would have nothing in the banner position)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 8 months ago #296689

Hello,

What you can see under your module is the Joomla menu (ID 101) : it is a category listing menu with a product listing.

Afterwards, you can just use "product listing" menu so you won't duplicate the display of the categories and you can still link the category listing module to change the targeted category of your product listing.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...splay-front-end.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 8 months ago #296707

I must be missing something. Its not working.

1. I have created a module "HikaShop Category Module" and the title is set to display. It displays on my home page at my chosen module position.
2. I have created a module "HikaShop ContentDresses" and the title is set to display. I have assigned this to a hidden menu "DressesTest". I have selected "Dresses" as the product category to display. I haev selcted the "banner" position to display

I go to my home page and I click "dresses" and I receive a page with no banner, as I wish, but no dresses display either. The link at the top shows " www.mywebpage.com/index.php/hikashop-men.../category/41-dresses

I feel I am going around in circles here. The template has "component" display in the default positon, but not in banner. If I place component display in the banner I have unwanted component-based display on my homepage banner.

Where am I going wrong here? How do I properly link to dresses?

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 8 months ago #296721

Hi,

A template will display the component area or not on a page based on whether the current menu item is identified as a home page type menu item or not. It has nothing to do with positions (at least for the templates I know).
So if you don't get the component area for a menu item, the issue is that the settings of the template make it so that the component area doesn't display for that menu item.
You say that when you click on a link of your module, you get for example the URL www.mywebpage.com/index.php/hikashop-men.../category/41-dresses
If you're missing the component area on that page, that means that your template is configured to not display the component area for the menu item with the alias "hikashop-menu-for-module-110".

The module "HikaShop ContentDresses" has nothing to do with all this. When you click on a link of a products/categories listing, the products or sub categories of the element you clicked on will be displayed in the main component area by a menu item and not by a module.

5 years 8 months ago #296770

Okay I seem to understand that and thanks for the swift reply.

I guess what I need to be shown is how to how to click on a category which sits under the home page banner and have it display the products in that category where the banner currently sits.

Like this example: www.lillianroseboutique.co.uk
IN the example above I can click "prom dresses" and it displays on the top, where there was previously a banner.

Is there a way to do this direct from your configuration?

5 years 8 months ago #296773

Hello,

So you just want to not display your modules for specific menus.
It is settings related to the module and the Joomla core.

Just create a menu for the HikaShop product listing and use that menu as "target" ; so when you will click on a category you will see that menu and the module you have configured for.

CF : demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/
Just click on a category on the right ; you will see that the banner is not display elsewhere than the home page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 8 months ago #296850

First of all I have "solved" the issue in part. The "Menu item for category listing module 110," was not set to display any items, which is why I received a blank page.

However I find myself even more confused by all of this.

Just create a menu for the HikaShop product listing and use that menu as "target" ; so when you will click on a category you will see that menu and the module you have configured for.

How do I target a new menu; at the moment all I seem to call up is "Menu item for category listing module 110," ?

5 years 8 months ago #296859

Hello,

For module/menu assignation, please read : docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_assign_a_module_to_specific_pages%3F

You want :
- Have an home page which would be a Joomla article and also display specific modules in it.
- Have a category listing module in that homepage ; module which will have a "product listing menu" as menu reference (for its links).

Please read the documentation page that I gave you previously, it explains the basis regarding module and menus.
But also please note that modules and menus management are Joomla stuff. Our support is there to help regarding HikaShop and not Joomla configuration.

If you take a look at the website you mentioned previously ; you will see a menu "our range" and that the "new in this season" block is a category listing which point to that "our range" menu (you can see it in the URL)

If you read our documentation page, you will see that when you configure a module, in the HikaShop part you have a setting called "menu" in the section "Data display" where there is also the "type of content" and "main category".
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...nt-end.html#Cmodules

Now I don't know how you created the "hikashop menu for module 110" but you want to use the menu "Category listing" that you created for your main menu (and you also want to change its alias to have something shorter and nicer)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds