Site Not Taking Customer To Paypal

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #297085

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10

It seems like every time someone tries to make an order on my website there's an issue.

Someone just called me to say that after they click on "pay now or Finish", nothing happens. It does not take them to Paypal to make the payment.

I'm stumped as to why because when I last tested it it worked fine. Maybe it's a combination of Joomla and Hikashop updates that are throwing things out of whack and unfortunately making me loose sales.

If I can get some help ASAP that would be great.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 8 months ago #297087

Hi,

I did a test on your website but I couldn't reproduce the problem. I was redirected to PayPal.
I got refused by PayPal because I entered a fake address but besides that it worked fine.
Are you able to reproduce the problem yourself ?
Could you provide precise instructions to reproduce the problem ?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #297090

Sorry about that and thanks for the quick response.

I took a copy of the site and tested it and it does appears to work. Not sure why this person is having problems because he tried twice before calling me.

1) I noticed that when I go to the paypal page, it didn't have an option to cancel and return to merchant, is that something that I can add via the website? I think it would be good to have.

2) Also, on the shopping cart page if there is an issue, for example, if the captcha is wrong, is there a way to make it slide up to the message or have it popup so users cannot miss the message.

3) And last, can the Paypal page open in a new window?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 7 months ago #297094

Hi,

1. I do have the link to go back to the shop when I test on your website. I would recommend to check with the PayPal merchant support as it's not something controlled by HikaShop.

2. It can't be changed. However, if the customer clicks on the finish button at the bottom, he will get the error message at the top of the checkout and he will see the top of the checkout, so he can't miss it there.
One thing you could do would be to not have the address on the registration form (there is a setting for that in the checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration). That way, you would have less height on the form and customers would see the message.

3. That's possible. For that, you want to edit the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal_end.php and add the attribute target="_blank" to the form tag.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297762

Thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds