Virtual ebook asking for Shipping

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #297700

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.seekwithinyou.com/store/product/45-h...nd-law-of-attraction
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I am selling both a paperback and ebook version of a book. The product is setup with variants. There are 3 types of ebook versions and 1 paperback. The paperback has a weight but the other products do not. The "force shipping regardless of weight" is set to no. I have searched other posts and these are the steps, however, it is still asking for shipping on checkout. What am I doing wrong here?

1 - Set a weight for the physical book product
2 - Do not set a weight for the digital book product
3 - Be sure that all physical products have a weight in their configuration.
4 - Deactivate the setting "force shipping regardless of the weight" in your HikaShop configuration.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ml#checkout_shipping

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas Edison

Meditation for Health
www.seekwithinyou.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 7 months ago #297719

Hello,

If you have a products with characteristics, then your issue is probably coming from the fact that you have set a weight/dimensions for your main product and nothing for its "digital" variant.

The solution will be to un-set weight/dimensions of your main product, and only have it through the "paperback" version.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #297737

I had already thought of that and made sure this was not the case. There is no weight for the main product or the variants. The only weight listed is for the paperback.

I should have mentioned that I have used this setup before using a previous version of Hikashop. I had both a physical product and a virtual product. The same setup worked on the previous version but not now. I don't understand why it is not working now.

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas Edison

Meditation for Health
www.seekwithinyou.com
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by jackpotwinner.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 7 months ago #297738

Hi,

Well, I don't see any other reason.
In that case, please provide a backend access along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can check on your settings:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #297752

Information sent. Thanks!

Meditation for Health
www.seekwithinyou.com

5 years 7 months ago #297780

Hello,

We just tested it with the "Healing and Law of Attraction" product and it worked fine (cf screenshots), can you test it again and tell us with which product your tested if you're still having your issue ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #297787

It is not working fine. The problem is when you just order the ebook version. When you do that, it is asking for an address. What you have shown is ordering both an ebook and the paperback. With the paperback in the cart, it is going to ask for the shipping address. However, if you just have the ebook, it should not be asking for an address.

Meditation for Health
www.seekwithinyou.com

5 years 7 months ago #297793

Hello,

It is not working fine. The problem is when you just order the ebook version. When you do that, it is asking for an address

But when we tested it, only the billing address was displayed through the checkout workflow which is what should be done, as we need a billing address for every orders, and a shipping address only for order with weight.

Do you want to hide adresses for orders without weight ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji

• Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #297822

Oh, I see. I would, however, like to hide the billing address for those without weight. Since I use PayPal as my payment processor, I do not need to collect their billing information for virtual products.

Actually now that I think about it, I may need the billing address for taxcloud to work. Is that correct? If so, then I will leave it like it is.

Meditation for Health
www.seekwithinyou.com
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by jackpotwinner. Reason: Added additional thought

5 years 7 months ago #297838

Hello,

There's actually no option to that as billing addresses are legally required and are used to generate invoices, so it will require some code customization to develop that feature.
Also the billing address that will be set through your checkout workflow by your customers will also be sent to PayPal, so they'll have to set it only 1 time.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #297885

Okay, thank you for your assistance with this. My apologies for confusing the billing address with the shipping address. Have a wonderful day!

Meditation for Health
www.seekwithinyou.com

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds