Customer not receiving order confirmation email

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #297708

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Customer not receiving order confirmation email

Hi,

Similar to this old topic: www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/50204-cu...firmation-email.html
The confirmation email is not working, created yes.

The order is correctly going from created to confirmed.
But no emails except created.
Same in the Email log, no confirmed...

I use Paypal sandbox for testing and Hikamarket.

Here are a few screenshots of the configuration:
(I disabled the created email, actually I just would like the confirmed one, also to keep it simple to find the solution)

Can you help please ?

Best,

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by ChristopheMG. Reason: Add Email log

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297709

Out of no where...I'm having the same problem but a little different...

Earlier today, it was all working fine, and I had 2 orders earlier today with no issues. I have made NO changes to my site today. Now...about 2 hours ago, I got an order which WAS paid for by PayPal, but never recorded as confirmed on my site. I thought this was just a glitch, so I flipped it to confirmed. Now...I've had 2 more order (so a total of 3 order now) that have done the same exact thing. I had to manually flip it to confirmed.

I am no major troubleshooter...but I think something is possibly wrong on PayPal's end sending back a notification that the payment was completed, so our sites are not automatically switching from created to confirmed...so then no confirmed email is being sent.

Just a thought.

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Dragon41673.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 6 months ago #297733

Hi,

@ChristopheMG :
Since the order status goes from created to confirmed it's likely not a payment notification (from the payment gateway) issue.
First, if you change the order status of an order from created to confirmed through the order details page in the backend with the user notification checkbox checked, is the email sent (and received) by the buyer ? Do you see the email in the Customers>Email history listing ?
Second, if you try with another payment method like paypal normal, is the email received ?
Can you confirm that you receive the other emails like the "order creation notification" when activated ?
Also, in the HikaShop configuration, could you provide the complete version number of HikaShop you have including the build number inside the brackets ?

@Dragon41673 :
If the orders are not confirmed, then your problem is a payment notification issue, so it's completely different from @ChristopheMG's problme which is an email generation problem.
One glitch on the payment notifications can happen with PayPal. Several of them in a row can happen if they have some issue with their servers.
However, it works fine for us and no one else reported a similar issue to us so it's likely to be a problem on your end.
We've got a documentation you can follow in such case :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
So please check the different points there and that should help better understand the situation. also, it would be great to open a new thread if you don't directly find the issue as to not make the discussion confusing for both issues since they are not the same.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopheMG

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297739

Thanks Nicolas...I'll start a new thread.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds