Some users can't progress past the shopping cart page

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 7 months ago #298101

-- url of the page with the problem -- : needcardsnow.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Many

I, personally, am not experiencing this issue. I am not able to replicate it. I have tested many devices and browsers, too. Many users are not able to progress past the Next button on the shopping cart page. They are making sure to check the Terms and Contitions box and trying multiple browsers. Clicking Next does not take them to the next step. They remain in the checkout page. Some sales have been confirmed and successful by some users, though, including myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13067
5 years 7 months ago #298110

Hi,

I didn't see any issue on the first step of your checkout.
Are you sure that the problem is not with the second step ?
Because there, you have a login/registration form but the registration form is disabled as you have deactivated the new user account setting of the Joomla user manager options page. So if you don't have already a user account on the website, you just can't finish the checkout.

5 years 7 months ago #298126

Thanks for checking. I know about the inability of users to register on the login step of the cart. The owner of the site manually creates accounts to limit who can shop on the site.

Can you recommend something that one can do in their browser settings, etc? Clear cache?

5 years 7 months ago #298127

You didn't see any conflicts with the template? Would any changes in the Hikashop config help?

• Thank you received: 13067
5 years 7 months ago #298137

Hi,

You said that they have the same issue with other browsers, so it's not a browser issue, and thus not a browser cache issue.
You said that it works for others, so it's not something general to the setup of HikaShop or the template.
Turning off the cache of the website might help if you have any. You might want to try that. Just clearing it won't help you know if it comes from the cache or not since you aren't able to reproduce the problem. If you turn it off and no one has the problem after the, then you'll know that it comes from the cache.
You said that you have limitations on the user accounts. What kind of limits ? How are these limits created ? Maybe it comes from these limits, which would explain why some people have the issue and not others...
Did you try to purchase with the user account of a user who had the issue ? Did you had the problem in that case ?
I would start with that. The first thing is to reproduce the issue. If we can't, it means that we don't understand the problem, and thus changing the settings randomly is just like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds