Currencies and shipping methode selection

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #298118

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ALL

Now another problem with the shipping. If I visited with an USA IP I get the right shipping. But if I change the shippingaddress to NL the international shipping is still selected.

Same if I'm visisting form NL the right shipping (Europe) is selected. If I than select my second shipping address the SHipping is changed to Worldwide. So far so good. But when I select mij NL shipping address again after that the Worldwide shipping is still selected and not changed back to NL (Europe shipping).

Seems Worldwide shipping is to dominant.

Any suggestions? We want to go live but this is a bummer.

Also when I change the BILLINGaddress the currency should change.
F.e. World = Dollars
Europe = Euro's
UK = Pounds.

But seems it picks up the IP address and that went well. But when changing Billingaddress the currency is not changed.

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

I'll keep on trying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 7 months ago #298119

Hello,

The behavior you describe is logical and there is no kind of bug.
When you see an automatic shipping selection ; there is not. If you do not have a shipping method, the first available one will be selected. That's it !
But if you change your address and the selected shipping method is still available ; there is no reason for HikaShop to change that shipping method (the customer could have selected that shipping method himself !!). So as long the method is available, the method stay selected (obviously) ; only when the shipping method is not more available, that there is no more shipping selected for the cart, only in that case HikaShop will selected automatically a new one.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #298160

Hi Jerome,
I don't understand.

Someone visites from NL and NL Shipping is auto selected. But he has 2 shippingaddresses in his account, one NL and one USA.
NL is autoselcted. But then he decides to choose for shipping to USA. Clicks that shipping address. Than the Shipping is auto changed to USA. So far so good.

But if he clicks the NL shipping address (he changed his mind) than the shipping is not changed back to NL Shipping. It's an issue that won'tt accure much but for me that does not seem logigal, or did I make an configuration error?

A VIDEOvideo to explain what I mean.

I'll keep on trying!

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 7 months ago #298168

Hello,

In order to go more far, do you have another shipping method for Europe (or NL) ?
What I have in mind, and in order to better understand Jerome message :
- You have 2 shipping methods
=> 1 for USA
=> 1 for Europe

In order to make disappear one of another you must use Zone restriction, but if there is no restrictions both will stay available and so the selected one will stay selected.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds