• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #300883

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 63.0.3

Hello,

The checkbox "Use the same address as for invoice" disapeared on the new checkout when defining the addresses.
What can I do to put it back?
Thank you!

Old layout:

New layout:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 4 months ago #300905

Hello,

You need to activate the setting within your checkout workflow configuration.
" Show 'save address' checkbox "

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #300910

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm guessing there is a typo error and you mean :
Show 'same address' checkbox

I had that activated both on "Login" and "Address" sections of the checkout workflow.
Is this a bug or there is something else I need to do?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 4 months ago #300925

Hello,

What do you mean by "Is this a bug or there is something else I need to do?" In our mind it's quite normal to have in this 2 different blocks this option (Show 'same address' checkbox).
The result is up to you if you want your user define only one address and allow your customer to change it later in checkout workflow.

Awaiting more details to help you if needed.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #300989

Hello,

I need to be able to activate the checkbox "Use the same address as for invoice" when defining the order's addresses.
Jerome suggested I need to activate it using the field "Show 'same address'" in the checkout workflow configuration.
I have that field set to "Yes" and I still do not get the checkbox "Use the same address as for invoice", as I had it in the old Hikashop.
Is this a bug or that feature was just removed?
What can I do to activate it back?

Thank you

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 4 months ago #300990

Hello,

If you really want to get back the old layout ; you need to use the "list" display mode and not the "dropdown" one.
Only in that mode you can have the checkbox (which keep the retro-compability with the previous checkout)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #301027

Hello,

Tried that too. It is still not working.

To be sure it's not something related to my site I've installed a new joomla and setup hikashop with the demo content.
Nothing I tried doesn't bring that checkbox back (even tried setting the parameters in checkout workflow to "No").

Am I the only one that still uses it?
I would appreciate any suggestions that you might give.

• Thank you received: 13065
5 years 4 months ago #301035

Hi,

You have the "all multiple addresses" setting set to "for logged in users only".
From what I can see on your checkout on your website and what you're describing, you want to set that setting to "always" so that you can actually have a selection between several addresses.
Otherwise, you won't have radios to select between several addresses and only an edit button in order to change the address entered.
Also, you want to have "address selector" to "list" as Jerome said previously, otherwise, you'll have a dropdown instead of radios like you had before.

Now regarding the "same address" checkbox, it's not possible to have it like you had before due to the way the system now works.
The checkbox is now located on the registration form and on the address edition/creation form and when you validate one of these forms, the system will duplicate the billing address as a shipping address but they will be independent of one another as the way it worked before was confusing to many users. The new way it is done is much better based on the feedback we had from many merchants and our internal tests.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #301051

Hi,

Thank you for your clarifications.
My only problem was that I was not able to activate the checkbox "Use the same address as for invoice".
From your reply I understand that feature was removed. Can you please confirm that I understood your reply correctly?

Because if that is the case I can just override the layout and have a checkbox that hides the invoice address when selected and a js function that automatically selects the invoice address when the delivery address is changed. I don't see how that could affect any validation or other functionality on that page. Can you think of any problem that might occur with this approach?

5 years 4 months ago #301053

Hi,

No. The feature was not removed. It was made differently.
As I said in my previous message, the checkbox is still there, but now, instead of being next to the billing address after you entered it, you now have it on the address form.
Here are some screenshots from your website for you to see:
monosnap.com/file/GZOwmAH7XxGWGKRWmMwVXdWESQ2UnG
monosnap.com/file/XPJp9pkpsKF4XA3PpouSgkYqf9bNo4
I suppose that you must have missed them, because adding an extra "same as billing" on the billing/shipping view would just be confusing when you already choose that when registering. I would recommend against it.
But if you really want to add that, you can edit the "show_block_address" view file via the menu Display>Views. You can use javascript for it yes.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #301133

Hi,

I thought I was clear when I said I need that checkbox on checkout (not when the user is registering), exactly the way it was in the old hikashop.
I've even added images to show where I need it.

Was this feature removed from this page:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=show&cid=3 ?
This is the page I've added screen shoots, but changed the selection of the address from "Dropdown list" to "List" (as suggested).

Isn't is useless to put the checkbox "Same address for shipping" on registration and then on checkout to ask for both addresses again?
What if a user has 5 addresses (or more), all added, and at one order wants to use one address for both billing and shipping and at another wants to use another address for both billing and shipping (and I have this situation)?
Does he has to select the same address twice?
How about on a phone? Do you need the addresses displayed twice and force the user to make the same selection twice? Why?

Anyway, your reply suggest that the feature was indeed removed. I'm surprised I'm the only one that noticed.

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #301169

Hi,

In older versions of HikaShop, you had only the "same address for shipping" checkbox on that view.
We removed it from there to add it instead to the user registration form and the new address form.
So when I said we didn't remove that capability I meant that we moved it.
The goal was to make this more userfriendly.
That's actually how most shops work. If you look at amazon, they now do it like it is now in HikaShop. They have the checkbox when you create an address, but not on the address selection area. And Amazon has done many many tests on what is better for customers to have a smooth checkout.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds