Feature Request - Buy Exclusive

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #8671

Hi there,

I am considering using HikaShop for a Poster Template site idea I have. It would be selling pretty much all downloadable products but I would like to suggest a feature which would make it ideal for my use.

If you take a look at template monster you have the option to "Buyout" the template.

I would like to have 2 options for the downloadable products;

1) Buy Non-Exclusive - i.e. could sell as many copies as you want
2) Buy Exclusive - i.e. Once it has been bought exclusively the item is "taken off the shelves" and is no longer available for anyone else to buy.

I know I could do this manually using an option but would love to be able to automate this.

Thanks for looking.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 1 month ago #8681

Why not use the quantity option in the products ?

If you set a quantity in it, when someone buy your product, the quantity is checked and decremented until 0. At that point the item is no more on sale.

13 years 1 month ago #8687

Basically want to options, here is an example.

I have a product listed, which is a psd poster template. On the page I have 2 add to cart buttons;

1) Buy Non-Exclusive £10
2) Buy Exclusive £100

If the user adds to cart via the non-exclusive button it just adds normally (setup to have unlimited stock) and the item continues to be available to everyone.

If they add to cart via the exclusive button it adds to the cart with the different price and changes the stock to 0 so nobody else can purchase.

Hope you understand!

Simon

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 1 month ago #8688

You could have a characteristic with two values (exclusive and not exclusive) added to your product and the user would be able to select exclusive or not via a dropdown before clicking on the "add to cart" button. In the exclusive variant of your product, you would set a quantity and on the other one you would set an unlimited quantity.

13 years 1 month ago #8690

Oh right - didn't realise I could set the quantities on the variants.

Thanks, I'll have a play.

Simon

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds