Unpublished Characteristics Displaying

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 9 months ago #18738

I have created a Characteristic "Size" and nested in this I have added various sizes.

Then I create a product and add to it the Characteristic "size" following this I click the "Manage variants" button and assign prices etc to the sizes available for that product. I then un-publish all the sizes that are not applicable. However when I view the product in the site the drop-down filed still lists those sizes that have no vales and have been unpublished?

I have read the post:- "Issue with unpublished variants" by Chris it seems we have similar requirements, does this mean I should use install package of the 1.4.9 version? or is there another way to only display published variants?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Tusk. Reason: I read a related post and want to add further detail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
12 years 9 months ago #18742

You need to delete the variants you don't use. You can always recreate them when needed.

12 years 9 months ago #18744

Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for the prompt reply, I sell plants and there are various sizes that we sell them in but not all plants come all sizes, so some variants are applicable to certain products and others not. This means that all variants are valid, the just may not be valid for all products. Hope that made sense

Many thanks

• Thank you received: 13035
12 years 9 months ago #18745

Yes. When you delete a variant from a product, it's just removed from that product and it still available for the other products.

12 years 9 months ago #18746

Thanks Nicolas,

That fixed my problem :)
Compliments on an amazing Tool, and great service!

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds