Create custom email for specific item?

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 5 months ago #180562

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.34

The owner of this hikashop install is asking me if he can create a custom email for one of the specific items in the store. This would basically be a "replacement" of one of the emails that already exist in the system.

Any ideas that may work in a similar fashion to this idea would be really appreciated!

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 5 months ago #180564

Hi,

I see a problem of logic in your request.
What do you do when you have both a normal product and that special product in an order ? Do you send the special email or the normal one, or both ?

If you just want to add text to the normal email if (only) the special product is there, then it's easy, with only 2/3 lines of code in the code of the email that you can edit via the menu System>Emails:

<?php foreach($data->cart->products as $product){
 if($product->order_product_code=='My product code') echo 'My custom message for the special product';
} ?>
Otherwise, sending a separate email would be quite complex and it would require custom development. In such case, you can contact our partners for a quote on the job:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

9 years 5 months ago #180676

Nicholas, good thinking on the logic aspect. This could be what separates this clients thought process from what would be considered "the norm". There is only one physical piece to be shipped. Everything else is just a "level change" in permissions as to what they can gain access to on the site.

However, you do bring a good point. What if someone "accidentally" purchased two items? There are essentially 3 user groups that they can be a part of, all of them differ based on the purchase.

Do you have any ideas as to what I can do to stop that? Just brainstorming at this point I suppose.

Thanks,
Ryan

9 years 5 months ago #180677

Is there some sort of logic behind group levels that is used in the purchase process. Possibly where the groups are related, and they will change to the one of "highest rank" if they purchase two items that each assign a different group.

Or maybe they just get assigned to all groups. That would actually work fine because then it is the setup of permissions throughout the site that can manage it from that point on.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 5 months ago #180702

Hi,

So the system will add the "user group after purchase" of each product to the customer after the purchase.

If you want to limit the purchase to one product per purchase, it's totally possible via the "limit" button of the products listing page.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
6 years 9 months ago #274033

Hi,

I can't find out how to edit the email. I can publish and unpublish only.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 9 months ago #274037

Hello,

Email edition is a feature provided by HikaShop Business.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds