hikashop product use like a article

• Thank you received: 92
8 years 10 months ago #204148

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : 5.4

Hi
I already post about hikashop way to implement product compare to a tool like J2Store that extend override Joomla article for manage product . Since many extensions are base on article joomla type ( and extend ... to be test) rather than hikashop product type ....we can't use those extension to manage hikashop product . We need to override third extension to make them work against hikashop product rather than joomla article and need SQL / php /javascript skill and understand well the joomla model architecture interaction !!

So my question is : can we use hikashop product like an article without price and all option relative to e-commerce ? Why use hks product like an article ? ... to be able to use some usefull functionnalities that joomla is missing and implemented by hikashop ( multicategories search filter ) ? What is the best way to use product like article ( base on category , custom field ? )

regard's

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by lionel75.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 10 months ago #204160

Hi,

With some canonical url and some rewriting (maybe easier using component like SH404SEF), with a special product page which will only display the product name and the product description ; you should be able to do what you want to do.
The best will be to create a special product page template for these "products".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds