Need fast help with products custom fields variant

• Thank you received: 114
7 years 11 months ago #235572

Hi,

So I have updated to joomla 3.5 and everything seems to be ok. After few days i am trying to create product. I have custom field called size chart which is WYSIWYG editor and i display it on product page. I create size table in that custom field/WYSIWYG but size table do not appear on product page. I thought maybe something has changed so tried to add that table to variant but i cant enter there anything, same applies to variant description. Its just not allowing me to write anything up there.
Tried to create new same custom field and it worked for 1 product only and now does same.
With custom field text on product page all works fine....

Updated to joomla 3.5.1 and hika 2.6.2 and still same.

After some investigation i found that if there is no variants WYSIWYG custom field will show on product page but after creating variant it will disappear.

Any quick help/fix would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by kyratn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 11 months ago #235574

Hi,

Please provide a link to a product page with the problem and a screenshot of the main product settings and of the settings of a variant of the product.

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by nicolas.

7 years 11 months ago #235659

Hi,

1. Well I am not sure what I did or what happened but before providing screenshots I tried to create product again and it works like it should. However yesterday I was stuck for 2 hours with this....

Update. So it seems there is an issue with firefox when creating product. All works fine with IE11 but with firefox trying to edit product variant description does nothing. It just not allowing me to write anything up there....I also tried to fully clean/reset firefox
Or created product with IE11 all ok. Then with firefox on main product edition page (example) added related product, saved and my WYSIWYG custom field do not show anymore on product page....

2. I have another issue which I cant reproduce. We have HikaShop collect on delivery payment method which is linked with one of the shipping methods. So if that shipping method selected it will show collect on delivery payment method only....
The issue is that we had few orders where restriction didn't work and buyer selected example: bank transfer payment and that shipping method linked to collect on delivery payment only....Like today there was an order with quantity of 3 of one product. Buyer said that everything was fine until final page where quantity changed it self from 1 to 3 + payment method.... At first time I thought that maybe buyer did something wrong but now after 4th order it seems there is an issue. However after spending some time I cant find where could be the problem.

Regards

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by kyratn.

• Thank you received: 609
7 years 11 months ago #235661

Hello,

We need some frontend and backend references and of course a link, in order to process some test by ourself.
Provide us via our "Contact us" form these, and use this topic Url to have a link in your message.

Awaiting news from you,

Regards,

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Philip.

7 years 11 months ago #235919

Details have been sent.

Thanks

7 years 11 months ago #236604

Hi,

It seems that no one was looking into this topic for almost one week. So i have disabled login....
Checkout seems to work and i had no bad orders lately but thing with firefox browser seems to be there...

I would appreciate if someone could look into this, same as my last topic about google e commercectracking topic. Stiil no replay thete after 1 week...

I know you guys busy but support would be appreciated in that topic.

Thanks

7 years 11 months ago #237145

Hi,

1. We don't have the problem with firefox on our end and are not able to reproduce the problem.
Please try with another editor (you can change it in the "editor" setting of the HikaShop configuration).
If it doesn't work with any of the editors, please provide again a backend access.
If it does, then there must be some kind of conflict with that editor.

2. Regarding the payment method selection, are you able to reproduce the problem ? If so please provide a precise step by step on your website in order to reproduce it because we're also not able to reproduce the problem.

7 years 11 months ago #237146

Hi,

Thank you for replay.

1. Well I am using chrome right now and all works fine.

2. Had about 50 orders last week and no problems with payment so maybe there was some cache issue where same buyer came after we added new payment and shipping methods....

3. The only problem I have right now is google e-commerce tracking. After 2 weeks it still doesn't work as per this topic:

www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/883369-g...mmerce-tracking.html

Kind Regards

6 years 10 months ago #269886

Hi,

So after more then 1 year I finally found the issue here.

To reproduce the issue please follow this steps:

1. Create a WYSIWYG custom field of the type "product".
2. Create product and enter text "TEST" in WYSIWYG custom field so it will be visible in product page.
3. Check product page and you will see it is there, all fine here.
4. Make a copy of this product and add create 2 variants of this product
5. Check this "copy' product on product page and you shouldn't see text "TEST" you have entered previously. If you check back-end you will see that it is still there.
6. Go to this "copy" product -> select any variant and in WYSIWYG custom field enter any text.
7. Check product page again and you will see this your entered text on this product variant.
8. Delete that text from variant.
9 Check this "copy" product page again and the text "TEST" will be visible now.

Strange issue but I finally can reproduce it. If you wont be able to reproduce this issue I am happy to make a video and send you via contact-us form.

Many thanks

6 years 10 months ago #269902

Hi,

So basically, you're saying that if you copy a product, the value you entered in custom WYSIWYG custom fields is not copied together to the copied product.
I tried the reproduce the problem with HikaShop 3.0.1 but it worked fine for me. Which version are you using ?

6 years 10 months ago #269934

Hi,

Strange that i cant reproduce it on my test site. This is happening on live site.

As example. I do have product dress. Color is black and it has 2 sizes "S" and "M". I copy this product and change color in product variant to "Blue" and now WYSIWYG custom field is not visible. If i do not change it then all is fine. Seems some issue happens after i change characteristic in variant. I have tried to enable error report = nothing. Inspected code via firebug and couldnt see that WYSIWYG custom field in html at all.
How can i find what is causing this issue?

I had same issue previously and it was working fine only if i use google chrome in back-end....As for now it happens with all browsers. Not usre if it is related.

I use HikaShop Business 3.0.1 [1705151656]

I am happy to make a video and send back-end access to your contact form but i would like to ask to be more careful with your debugging as it is live site.

Many thanks

6 years 10 months ago #269935

Update:

It looks like the isssue is coming from jquery error i get.

When i modify one of the characteristics value i get js error in console. I have attached screenshot.

Attachments:

6 years 10 months ago #269950

Hi,

So i have spent few more hours to find what is giving this issue.

It looks like the issue is editor TinyMCE. It has received update with joomla 3.7.0
If i set editor to code mirror all is working fine. I also have noticed that then you go to product variant WYSIWYG editor has no menus and buttons... Can it be related to my issue? I have attached 2 screenshots.

Thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 10 months ago #269936

Hello,

See : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/1425...suecomment-282697251

HikaShop do not load that bootstrap-tooltip-extended lib ; but some of your plugin might.. When it shouldn't.
My personal opinion is that this lib should not exist in Joomla because it create an issue with the official jquery-ui lib.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 10 months ago #270015

Hi,

The issue is not with " bootstrap-tooltip-extended ". I have modified version of jquery.ui and if I use original jquery.ui from last hikashop version there is no errors regarding bootstrap-tooltip.
If you check my screenshot attached regarding js errors you will see error like "hikashopupdatevariant is not defined"....

The issue is with "WYSIWYG custom field" and if product has variant this custom field wont show up after variant has been modified. Please see my previous posts regarding TinyMCE....

So I still looking for some help to find and fix this issue.

Thanks

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by kyratn.

6 years 10 months ago #270025

Hi,

We did see your screenshot but the fact that the function hikashopupdatevariant is not defined (when in fact it is in the HTML of the page) only indicates that there was a problem with the javascript when the page was loaded which prevented the browser to initialize the javascript code of HikaShop and thus that function.
Sometimes, this can even happen without an error in the console until it reaches a place where the function that couldn't be needed is defined.

Now you're talking about having the custom field missing after changing the selected value of a variant of the product (which is kind of different from your initial message where you were talking about copies of products). But even when I try that on my end, it works fine.
So I'm still wondering if we're talking about the same thing here.
Could you provide a video of what you're doing so that we can have a clear picture of the situation ?

6 years 10 months ago #270078

Hi,

I have uploaded video to youtube and contacted you via contact-us form with a link to that video. I hope you will be able to reproduce the issue on your end and fix it.

Thanks

6 years 10 months ago #270082

Hi,

I got your video.
Now I see what you're talking about and I understand why I'm not able to reproduce the problem.
I suppose that it is your text editor which is adding HTML tags in the custom field of the variants when you save them.
When you edit each variant, check the custom field in HTML mode and make sure that there are no HTML tags and only then click on the save button.
When you do that, you should see that it works properly.
Unfortunately, we can't do anything if the text editor is adding HTML tags to the custom field.
You actually probably have the same issue with the description:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/68734-sa...scription.html#68734
Note that we don't have the problem with TinyMCE on our end, so it must be a setting or some plugin of TinyMCE which does that on your website.

6 years 10 months ago #270126

Hi,

This is probably TinyMCE giving problems. It doesnt add any html tags in variants at all.
What i found that i need to click save of the variant twice and it works.

However question is why variant editor is different to main product editor? It has no menus, buttons, options....

Thank you

6 years 10 months ago #270143

I suppose you must be using Edge:

TinyMCE was breaking the variant save process with the Edge browser. We now deactivate TinyMCE for the variants editing when we detect that Edge is being used to circumvent the problem as we couldn't find any better alternative. It still works fine for all other browsers or other editors.
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...op-3-0-0.html#265661

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds