Custom Image Selection

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 7 months ago #250701

-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

I sell custom printed products. I'd like to create a way customers can select an image they want printed on it. For example, they purchase a product that allows a 4"x4" image, so they can select an image. This particular size image has nearly 150 options alone. Since I inventory the product, I don't need to inventory printed image since I make them as I sell them.

Knowing that, is there an easy way to allow the customer to select an image without having to create a variant for every product? The only two ways I thought it may work are...
1) adding a variant for every product (which would take a long time)
2) making categories based on printed image sizes and creating a custom field that allows them to choose only the image folders for that category. I can't seem to find a way that might work with images though.

Can you tell me what the easiest and best way to accomplish this is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 6 months ago #250752

Hi,

If you just want a dropdown for that selection, you could have an option so you would have to create it only once and add it to all the products. Or you could have a custom field of the table "item" which you could have as a dropdown, or a radio display (with potentially the images displayed one per radio).
That would be way easier than characteristics and variants.

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 6 months ago #250775

Awesome... I was 90% there when you wrote this. Thank you!

I got the images to display with radio buttons. Is there a way to display them as a dropdown or other method that won't take up much room? Maybe even a small window that scrolls them as radio buttons if no other way? I'd rather not have 150 radio buttons on some of the products!

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 6 months ago #250792

Hi,

A dropdown cannot display images, that's would not be valid HTML (or it wouldn't be a real HTML dropdown but some convoluted HTML/CSS/JavaScript mimicking a dropdown).
Having a scrollbar for that area should be possible with just a few lines of CSS code:
stackoverflow.com/questions/18183296/how...my-div-automatically

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds