• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #256551

-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : oomla! 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.27
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Hi All
I have a lot of data in variants which I am trying to sort out into two fields such as using tabs such as in this link here:
www.agarscientific.com/monosized-microsp...ds-1-1000-181-m.html

I can organise the variants, and have the products I need in a list but I am stuck on how to make the two-3 tabs I need and how to place two sets of data. Can someone help or point me in the correct direction please. We are not coders so please take that into account if you have time to respond (thanks)
I will export this data as CSV so I can set up many more products in a similar fashion for import.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 4 months ago #256588

Hi,

Based on your message I'm sur sure how you configured the page where you want to have the tabs. Is it a products listing page ? Is it a product page with characteristics configured to be displayed as a list of variants ?

If it's a product page, then if you set the "layout on product page" setting to "tabular", you'll have automatically a tab system on the page. And you can quite easily add additional tabs without much code knowledge a explained in our FAQ's "How to add a tab in the tabular view ?" section:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/106-faq.html#layo
Or you could quite the default layout and use a tabs extension tags in the description of your products:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/tabs

If it's a products listing page, then you could add tabs to the category description as in the product description and turn on the "show description" setting of your menu item.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #256768

Hi Nicolas, sorry for the late reply, Ill give this a try.
My table of variants has too many columns and a lot of text in one filed so its too wide for the page so i thought I would split this onto two tabs. Its probably just me missing something but I am having trouble navigating round the system, I think many things have changed on your documentation and web site and its not so easy for me to find what I am looking for.
However your support is fantastic so I make (slow) progress.
Thank you.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 4 months ago #256814

Hi,

If you want to customize the variants listing, all the code is in one place: in the file "show_block_characteristic" that you can edit via the menu Display>Views.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds