Duplicate error

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 months ago #258568

-- HikaShop version -- : 264 business
-- Joomla version -- : 365
-- PHP version -- : 7014
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 1062 Duplicate entry '15.09.0004' for key 'product_code' SQL=UPDATE `#__hikashop_product` SET `product_name`='Witte brievenbusdoos - zelfklevend 170*27*255mm',`product_code`='15.09.0004',`product_quantity`='-1',`product_manufacturer_id`='',`product_published`='1',`product_tax_id`='11',`product_msrp`='0.0000000',`product_page_title`='',`product_url`='',`product_meta_description`='',`product_keywords`='',`product_alias`='witte-brievenbusdoos-zelfklevend',`product_canonical`='',`product_min_per_order`='25',`product_max_per_order`='0',`product_sale_start`='',`product_sale_end`='',`product_access`='all',`product_warehouse_id`='',`product_weight`='0.000',`product_weight_unit`='kg',`product_length`='0.000',`product_width`='0.000',`product_height`='0.000',`product_dimension_unit`='m',`product_layout`='',`product_quantity_layout`='',`product_group_after_purchase`='',`product_type`='main',`product_description`='Met de brievenbusdoos zijn uw producten optimaal en professioneel verpakt. Makkelijk op te zetten en snel inpakken door de zelfklevende sluitstrips. Aangezien de brievenbusdoos precies door de brievenbus past, profiteert u van het lage brievenbustarief. Dit brievenbusdoosje is onmisbaar voor webshops en bedrijven die aan e-commerce doen.\r\nProducteigenschappen:•Makkelijk op te zetten verpakking.•Stevige verzendverpakking.•Makkelijk te openen door duimgreep met scheurperforatie.\r\n•Zelfklevende sluitstrips, diefstalveilig verpakken.•Profiteer van een laag posttarief.',`product_modified`='1483089589' WHERE `product_id`='631'

I have imported and deleted the contents of a csv file. Started adding products manually, works like a breeze...
--
However, i noticed that i made an error with the product codes. its a x.xx.xxxx sequence. I entered x.x.xxx so i forgot a zero in the last xxxx. When I alter the product code and add the zero, I get a duplicate product error. Strange thing is, when I search for the product that seems to be there, I cannot find it... Is there a way I can empty trashed items, because they now seem to prevent me from adding...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
7 years 3 months ago #258570

Hi,

That error indicates that you already have another product entry with the product code you're trying to use.
The product code might be in a variant and not a main product which would explain why you don't find it on the products listing. Try to search again with the "Products" dropdown at the top of the listing changed to "All" and also make sure that you're in the main category of your website and that you've selected the "all sub elements" option in one of the dropdowns at the top and you should be able to find it as it will search among all the entries.

7 years 3 months ago #258682

Hi Nicolas,

My best wishes. I looked ad what you suggested, but we are not there yet. When I search for a product from the main category with all options enabled, it says the product is not there. When I try to save an article I get the error and cannot proceed. Is there a trashbin for products I can look at? And if yes how can I find it?

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 3 months ago #258684

Hello,

Is there a trashbin for products I can look at? And if yes how can I find it?

The solution will probably just be to directly :
- Use the checkbox of your product through your product listing via "Hikashop->Products"
- Use the "Delete" button

Are you getting an error message when you try to save for each products ?

7 years 1 week ago #267040

Started working on this issue again. I will try to explain as well as I can what happens.

On screenshot one you see that I search for products with code 03.03 shop root level, search settings to ' all' as proposed by Nicolas. There is only one product 03.03..0044 this is the wrong code it should be 03.03.0044
--
03.03.0044 is not present in the shop I cannot find it no matter what i try however... when I try to alter the article number and hot save I get the error as in screen shot 2 stating that the article is already present. This happens with 20-25% of all articles.

Old customers abandon their cart as they cannot find the article numbers they are used to.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Pierre

Attachments:

7 years 1 week ago #267054

Hi,

If the system says that there is already a product with that product_code, there must be one already with that product_code.
Could you provide a backend access to your website so that we can look at that ?
Please use our contact form and include a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

7 years 6 days ago #267157

Hi,

As expected you do already have a product with the product code 03.03.0044 in the shop.
I've done a mass action via the menu System>Mass actions in order to find it:
administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=massaction&task=edit&massaction_id=1
Click on "process" there and you'll see a listing of all the entries in the table of the products in the database containing 03.03.
There, you'll see not one but two entries.
And the other one you don't see can be edited by directly accessing this URL:
administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=edit&cid[]=427
As you'll see there, the problem is that you've added this product to the "taxation category" and that category isn't taken into account on the products listing as you're not supposed to add products to it.
So change that category in the product for a valid category, and you'll be able to delete it via the products listing.
Or even easier, if, for each product you have a duplicate one with the correct product code in the taxation category, then you can configure a mass action based on the category_id of the category of the product with an action to delete the products, so that it would remove all the products linked to the taxation category.

The following user(s) said Thank You: pierke

7 years 6 days ago #267260

Thank you very much for looking into this matter. You have put me on the right track. I do not know how they got there, have still a lot of tedious work to do but I know now how to fix it. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds