shop site looks ugly

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 9 months ago #274264

Hi community,

i am new using hikashop. At the moment i run a joocommerce shop on my website, and i would like to replace it with hikashop because it has more features i would like to use.
at the moment, i have the problem, that the default hikashop pages look very ugly on my site.
i am not so experienced, so the question is, what can i do to make the pages look better?
i already saw the showcase section here, and there are a few pretty good looking sites. how did they do it?
are there some templates for the hikashop product pages and the product listings?
i would prefer an easy way to make it look good. it is not necessary to make it look awesome :-)

here is a link, how it looks at the moment:
www.bembu.at/index.php/en/hikashop-test

thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 9 months ago #274268

Hi,

For the listing, if we compare what you have on your shop with your link, it will be easy to get the same thing.
Edit your "hikashop-test" menu item via the Joomla menu manager and change the background color to the one used in your previous shop, change the item box layout to "image and description" and the number of columns to 2 and you should get roughly the same.
The style of the add to cart button can be changed by changing the "Extra CSS for add to cart buttons" setting in the HikaShop configuration in order to use your template's CSS classes: btn btn-primary

For the product page, you mainly want to increase the size of the main product page image in the settings of the HikaShop configuration, and increase the size of the thumbnails as explained in our FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/106-faq.html

Then, you have some small differencies in the size and color of the texts but you can easily change that if you know a bit CSS.
Here is a tutorial we have which explains how to change that yourself:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

So with a bit of CSS and changing the correct options you could be done in a few hours to get the same display.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 9 months ago #274319

thanks for your reply.
it looks like a lot of CSS work to make it look good.
why does the default style look so boring?
you guys are very skilled and have a good shop system, why don't you provide some templates?
the showcase shows a lot of awesome designs, but that is impossible to be achieved by a beginner ..

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 9 months ago #274324

Hi,

The default CSS is made to be minimalist in order to be able to work in all the different situations.
We don't directly provide templates, however, we do have a list of templates made for HikaShop if you want HikaShop to look good.
Here is the link: www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop.html
There are especially useful if you don't want to have to deal with CSS since they come with the CSS already tuned for HikaShop content pages.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds