Product Price ACL - How to

• Thank you received: 35
6 years 8 months ago #276498

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.8
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome60

Hi guys,
I'm looking for to understand the best way to manage prices on Create / Renew using HikaSerial Subscription as I wrote here .

Example:
A Subscription Product cost 100€. When a user buy the Subscription he is moved into the "Subscribers usergroup".
All the Subscribed users will receive an email 60 and 30 days before the subscription expiration date, with the possibility Renew (before the end date subscription) with a discounted price of 70 € instead of 100 €.

Jerome have suggested:

Since you use Acymailing, you can insert a coupon code in a newsletter. The best would be to regroup your users in Acymailing to send them different newsletters.

Now, as far as I know there are differents ways to manage it. I'm trying to do a comparison, to undersatand when is better use one solution instead of another one. Please, Can you help me on doing a correctly comparison:

1 - Coupon: It should have (automatically) an expiration date deadline (before the Subscription End Date) from when it has been created sending the newsletter. May be adding the "Discount validity period" value in the Coupon ?
Please, How to have the Coupon unique and strictly connected with the user ?
When have I to use this feature solution ?

2 - Product ACL: having in the HikaSubscription plan two prudocts with two differents ACL:
- If I'm not Subscribed I'm in the Registered group, I view and can buy the Product 1: a year Subscription Creation that cost 100 €
- If I'm Subscribed, I have an Active Subscription, I'm in the Subscribed group, I view and can buy the Product 2: a year Subscription Renewal that cost 70 €

3 - Product Prices and Taxes ACL feature:
Setting differents Prices depending on ACL (usergroups). So, if I'm in the Subscribed usergroup I see 70€, if I'm in the Registered usergroup I see 100€, right ?
Using this feature, Can I understand from the statisctics How many "new Subscription" and How many "renew Subscription" I'm selling per year?

4 - Anything else ?

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 8 months ago #276501

Hi,

1. You can set the exact date you want for the end of the coupon validity period when adding the coupon tag to your newsletter:
monosnap.com/file/nzsuKUKhDaitBaAYnLiKXat6p1F46Z
The code setting there also allows you to generate unique coupon codes that only the receiver will know and that other customers won't be able to guess. However, it's not possible to "strictly connect with the user" since someone receiving a newsletter might not necessarily have a user account on the website.
You can use that to give a 30€ discount on the renewal fee in the notification emails you can configure in AcyMailing to be sent 60, 30 days before the end of the subscription by configuring auto filters in AcyMailing based on the user group (when someone is in a user group, add it to a specific list corresponding to that user group, after X days in it, send email Y, after A days in it, send email B, etc).

2. It's easier like that to setup and manage. The difference with solution 1 is that you automatically give the discount if applicable instead of only giving the discount if the customer enters the coupon code during the checkout.

3. It's basically the same as solution 2, however, in that case, you won't be able to distinguish the sales of the product the first time at full price and the next sales of the product with the reduced price. It's better to have 2 separate products if you need to distinguish them.

6 years 8 months ago #276587

Hi Nicolas,
many thanks for explanations and sharing you're experience. As far as I understand, we would say:

- Situation 2/3 would be better when we have a stable/fixed "discount rule" on product.
"It's better to have 2 separate products if you need to distinguish them"
Is the only "rule" that tell us when use one solution in place of the other ? Or What else should we be careful about ?
Suggestion about "Product pricesPriced and Taxes ACL feature": right the display order in the admin panel is the input order, would be useful have a way to order the list at least by price.

- SItuation 1 would be better when is something "momentary / exceptional".
And, so, the user that receive the coupon can receive an unique coupon (with seriel), but that one is not connected with his email/account. In teory he can gives that to another user that could use it (one time because is unique), right ?

Please, Do you have any other suggestions on how to run/manage a situation as in my example ?

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by joomleb.

6 years 8 months ago #276596

Hi,

1. That's all I can think of to decide between one or the other.

2. That's right. It's great for marketing operations but not for normal setup of the subscriptions I think.

3. As far as subscriptions are concerned, and from what I understood of the development, it will be possible to configure renewal products for subscriptions so the renewal products will directly be advertized to the customers when they look at their subscriptions (and maybe in the notifications for the expiration of the subscriptions I guess).
But restricting the renewal products to user groups and adding/removing the user group to the customer account with his subscription creation/expiration will still be necessary if you don't want people purchasing the renewal product when they don't have yet the subscription.
That's something we had to deal with manually for a long time on our website before we implemented some checks to prevent that in our custom subscription system.

6 years 8 months ago #276716

Hi Nicolas,
many thanks for sharing your experiences, too appreciated.

I think the Customer will choose the simplest 3 third solution.

Please, about my "Suggestion":
"Product pricesPriced and Taxes ACL feature": right now the display order in the admin panel is the input order, would be useful have the list ordered by price, or a way to order it at least by price.

Do I have to create a new Topic in the "Feature Request" Forum ?

6 years 8 months ago #276723

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback on the listing of prices. We'll take that into account for future improvements.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds