Product Variant that not affecting stock level.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 7 months ago #278831

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5

Hi, i created a product with characteristic,

but that characteristic is not affecting my products stock level, how can i config hikashop to use the general quantity at product configuration? instead of using the quantity that inside variant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 7 months ago #278838

Hi,

If you set the quantity to unlimited in the variant and the full stock of all the variants in the main product, the stock will be updated in the main product.
If you set the quantity in the variant and to unlimited in the main product, the stock will be updated in the variant only.
If you set the quantity to unlimited in the variant and unlimited in the main product, no stock will be updated.
If you set the quantity in the variant and the full stock of all the variants in the main product, the stock will be updated in both the variant and the main product.

Note that if the stock is not updated, it's maybe because the order is not confirmed after the payment and you have the "Update the product stock on confirmed status" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration (or you messed with the order statuses in the menu System>Order statuses).

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 7 months ago #278977

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have tried to configure my product follow your guide. But when i set the stock level on the main product. and set both variant to unlimited, front end will not show any stock level anymore. i need the stock level show in front end and even someone purchase / choose either one of the variant. the stock level will showing the same numbers. so i need it to display quantity in the main product.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 6 months ago #279052

Hello,

As Nicolas said, can you also check that the order in which your product's variant is, is also confirmed ?

Thank you !

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds