Advanced Data Picker Issue

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 6 months ago #279373

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2

Hey Guys,
I hope I am not losing my mind here, but I had added a new field for my customer signin where I added a Date of Birth field and I chose to use the Advanced Data Picket in the hopes of making this a required field with a verification to set it so that a new user would have to enter a date that would show that they were 18 years old or older. I set everything up, but oddly, the month of October is not an option to be chosen.

I also set it up so that Start Year was 1920 End Year was 1999. The idea was that they could not pick a year for their DOB past 1999 as that would indicate they were over 18. Well for the most part it works, but I have found that if you choose a date and then change in in the same session, it doesn't always accept the change. It's almost like your first chosen date is stuck in the cache and unless you close the window and go back in, you can't select a new date. Also, again, the month of October is not available in the list of months and I am not sure why.

For now, I have to remove the date validation and just choose the simple date picker because the advanced date picker seems to have a number of issues. Can someone let me know what info you may need me to provide to help you look into this issue? If you would like to access to see what I am seeing, please let me know. Also, let me know and I will turn the Advanced Date Picker back on so you can see the issues I am seeing.

The attached SS should show you most of how I have it setup and the fact that OCT is missing from the choices of months.

Thanks!

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 6 months ago #279389

Hi,

We would need:
- instructions to reproduce the problem on your website.
- screenshots of all the settings of the custom field.

6 years 6 months ago #279436

Hi Nicholas,

It looks like since we upgraded to 3.2 the issue with not being able to reselect the year once you have already selected it has disappeared, though that could have also been a cache issue because right at the same time I upgraded my browser and that problem is not reproducible as of today. However, the missing October is still an issue.

To reproduce this, create a new field in display / new field called DOB. Set up the new field using the Advanced Date Picker and configure it per screenshots.

Use the Test Calendar, edit hikashop / User, or use the new user registration form and select the DOB field opening the calendar and you will see in all places that October is missing from the choices.

The important thing is to set the dates to only show past dates, and set the start year to 1920 and end year 1999.

This should be easily reproducible. If you need any other information, please let me know exactly what you need and I will provide it.

The screenshots should be in the order in which this was configured / tested. ie 1. Create New Field, 2. Configure, 3. Test in the configuration using example calendar, 4. Test HikaShop User Editor, 5, Test New User Registration (using the Joomla to Hikshop user registration plugin.
Thanks!

6 years 6 months ago #279464

Hi,

The problem with these "easily reproducible" problems is that they aren't.
See what I have on my end:
monosnap.com/file/BWQDMCA9zVYsckBY8NPmXtmI5PxUIt
I've tried to configure the custom field like on your screenshots but it works fine for me.
But since you only provided a screenshot of some of the settings of the custom field and not all the settings, I'm not sure that we have exactly the same thing. And since we can't look at the problem on your website, it's hard to move forward on the issue.

6 years 6 months ago #279511

Nicholas,
What settings are you missing? I attached the screenshots that show every single setting, not one was missing from the screenshots. If you need me to list them instead of using the screenshots I can do that but I thought it would be easier to configure your end to the screenshots.

Please let me know what settings your missing or if you need me to list them out, but I did provide every settings they are just in the screenshots.
There are 6 screenshots attached to the previous reply showing every setting.

Also you can look at the issue on my site, I can easily create a user account for you. Just let me know if you need a standard user or admin account.

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Dardwizzle.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 6 months ago #279517

Hello,

Do you reproduce the issue in the HikaShop demo website ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 6 months ago #279623

Hi Jerome,

No, I have not even tried to use the Demo site because whenever I try to login to the back end of the demo site, I get an error stating that I do not have permissions to access it.

Is there something I need to do other then just using the "demo" "demo" for the login? If I can login I would gladly test on the demo site.

Thanks!

6 years 6 months ago #279644

I was able to get in the back end this time but am not getting this error in the demo site

Warning
Copy failed: /web/administrator/components/com_hikashop/falang/hikashop_category.xml to /web/administrator/components/com_falang/contentelements/hikashop_category.xml

However I was able to reproduce the missing months. If you check for the field Date of Birth, and you use the calendar example you will see that now the months November and December are missing from the drop down box for the month. See the screenshot.

This is the same problem I am seeing. So it appears that all months from the current month until January become missing.

Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #279671

Hi,

Well, we've done further tests and apparently, this only happens if you set the "allow" setting to "past dates" in the settings of the custom field, and that setting wasn't in your screenshots nor did you say anything about it so of course I left it with its default value to allow all dates in my first tests.
Anyways, that restriction on past dates is enforced in the date picker library we're using to display the date picker which apparently doesn't work fine with the restriction on the years. So I would recommend to keep that "allow" setting to "all dates".

6 years 6 months ago #279726

Which just had my laptop die on me again and I can't easily check my settings right now (replying from my phone) the setting of allow past dates is osteoporosis certainly turned on since the entire purpose of this setting is to only alow past dates to be selected so that we can validate a customers date of birth ad when doing so the date can not be in the future or that would mean they are not 18 or older. That was the entire reason for using this feature and why I have it set to allow past dates. The date of birth can only be in the past to prove they are over 18 which is why the date range (start and end dates) is set to start 1920 end 1999 because if they select year of birth after 1999 or in the future then they are not over 18. I am not sure why you don't see that I have the setting allow past dates checed

If you can tell e another way to validate that a person is 18 or older please let me know but as I understood the settings this is the only way I know to set this up.

Please let e know.
Thanks.

6 years 6 months ago #279768

Hi,

Since you already have the year limited to between 1920 and 1999, you already know that their date will be between these since they can't select another year in the selector. So you shouldn't need to set the "allow" setting to the past.

6 years 6 months ago #280041

Thats a good point Nicholas. I did not think of it that way. Let me give that a shot and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then I apologize for opening this.

Sorry also for the delay in replying to all of my topics here, I had my laptop die on me and just got a new one 3 days ago which turned out to have a hardware issue to which I just got a replacement one today that I am finishing setting up.

I should have every thing set up in the next day or so, and then I promise to follow up on all of the open issues, and get that help document written which I promised you guys for the Manual Credit Card Processing Plugin.

Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds