• Thank you received: 1
6 years 5 months ago #281661

-- url of the page with the problem -- : local machine
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 56.0.2 64bit

Hello forum,

I'm new to Hikashop and I'm busy setting up an online shop. Got most things sorted so far, but not getting my head around price ranges for certain items.

We sell meat. So on smaller cuts I have characteristics, then added as variants on these cuts to enable the buyer to choose 0.5kg, 0.75kg, 1kg, etc. packs. This works very well. On the other hand I have bigger cuts, like whole ribs (in the picture) that is sold as individual units, but priced per kg. The trick is that I need to list a price range for this item. Let's say one rib can weigh anything between 0.8 and 1.2kg, and that it is priced at $10 / kg, how do I display that the item will cost between $8 (minimum) and $12 (maximum.)

Is this best done with characteristics and variants? Although I don't want the buyer to choose minimum or maximum, whatever we end up packing for them is what they will pay for.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #281671

Hello,

I'm not sure to fully understand what you want to do.
How do you want to sell products if you do not know what will be the final price ?

You can create a "product custom field" to display extra information in your product page ; but it will be only some text display in the page and regarding your particular case ; you just can't sell a product without a defined price.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 5 months ago #281727

The price displayed needs to look like this: Price range $8 - $12. When payment is done I will charge the average ($10) and when delivery is made payment adjustments will be made.

Maybe I should just put in the price range into the custom field. But am I correct that I have to upgrade from Essential to Business to have this functionality??

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 5 months ago #281737

Hello,

The price displayed needs to look like this: Price range $8 - $12.

The solution will probably be to directly use product custom fields and edit the code of the "Listing_div" file of the "Product" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views".

There is actually no option to automatically change/adjust the order amount after your customer have already paid for his order. So some custom development will be required.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds