Urgent; Product Listing Buttons and Product Quantity missing Chrome & Firefox

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 2 months ago #287126

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.eutopiantrader.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3

Hi Guys,

I was just alerted by my customers that on my website there are no "Add to Wishlist" or "Add to Cart" (cart when catalog mode is turned off) as well as the Quantity "(X) items in stock" displaying on the Product Listing pages...

When I test this on my laptop using either Chrome or Firefox these display, but when my customers check it's just not there anywhere on the page and I have not been able to reproduce this situation. This is obviously a huge problem because even if I take the site out of catalog mode, they still don't display. I have attached 3 screenshots, the names indicate the browser versions. Where you can see the missing items is the screenshot from my laptop using the latest Chrome and Firefox versions, however, while I just updated them both last night on my laptop, the missing items how ALWAYS displayed.

Here are the versions from a friend that tested this for me with both browsers and those items don't display for him, (cache cleared etc)
Chrome Version : 633.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox Version: 58.0.1 (64-bit)

My Versions:
Chrome Version: 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox 59.0.b4 (64-bit) Developer Edition

All were tested using this link: eutopiantrader.com/shop/hot-deals/produc...onal-eutopian-trader

This was tested on a Mobile as well, and they can't see these options either.

I have not found a way to reproduce this on my end so everything has been looking perfectly fine for me, however, I have had many people testing this for me, and it's not working for them.

Buttons configured as CSS not Normal but that didn't make any difference when I asked them to test, I also turned catalog mode off, but still these items did not display. Please help me understand why this is failing. Once again, I am stuck with a problem that was fine until one of the last HikaShop / Joomla updates.

There is also a screenshot of the Product List page from a Mobile Chrome version and that too is missing the same items when a customer goes to the listings using this URL eutopiantrader.com/shop/hot-deals

Please help me even firgure out how I can troubleshoot this since I can't reproduce this, but seemingly everyone I have asked to test this can.

NOTE: This problem was observed prior to making the change to fix the virtical vs horizontal images displaying in the Product Listings (which your solution has fixed that issue). Also, this problem exists on all mobile devices as well as Firefox and Chrome. This could have broken from the last HikaShop release or earlier as I was in the hospital for 2 months and dont quite recall if anyone made note of this problem earlier or not. I have also attempted to turn OFF catalog mode in an effort to display the "Add to Cart" button but that as well does not display with this issue.

Oddly, I can only reproduce this on my mobile, but on my desktop everything displays exactly as it should. It may be important to note that my laptop is setup in a Developement Environment, means that I run the Developer versions of Chrome and Firefox (however, I also tested on the non-developer versions) but I also have the Java SDK, Firefox and Chrome SDK's and Windows runtime environments and related SDK's. This could perhaps be why I can't reproduce this myself, but I can't say for sure as I have no way to test otherwise outside of asking the people who tested this and reported this to me. I have also asked my Web Designer to test this on his laptop which is setup in a Dev environment like mine to see if this could be the reason I can't reproduce this but will not hear about his results until tomorrow earliest as he is in AU and I am in the US.

Thanks!

Thanks and Cheers,

John

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Dardwizzle. Reason: Additional info added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #287141

Please see the bottom of the OP for additional information which may or may not be of use in resolving this issue.

Yes, I have also attempted to remove the change made last night to fix the extra product images displaying issue with no change in behavior.

Cheers Nicolas (since I saw you were the one looking into this) :D Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 2 months ago #287137

Hi,

First thing to check is the settings of the product in the backend.
Could you provide a screenshot of them all ?

I also don't see the add to cart button on your products. So if you are able to see them on your end, it probably means that you must be logged on your frontend, and the fact that you're logged in changes something (for example, if you have the prices of the products restricted by user group (that doesn't seem to be the case, it's just an example) it's possible that the add to cart button would display only for the selected user groups).

6 years 2 months ago #287193

Hi Nicholas,

As I stated in one of my previous responses the "Add to cart" buttons are currently turned Off... The site is in Catalog Mode, however, regardless of tihs mode, the "Add to Wishlist" and the "(X) items in stock" should still be showing and again do show for me.

You were right however, that the account I was logged in with DOES have admin privileges which would explain why I can see them while no one else can.

So that does explain alot. However, should a guest on the site still be able to see these items? Is there any way to display them as a quest? I believe there was a selection in the configuration to allow "Guest Check Out" which should be turned off since I want all purchases on the site to be done as a registered customer but would like a Guest account to still be able to see the number of items in stock, as far are the wishlist and add to cart buttons, well it would be nice if they could do as most sites do, allow them to create a shopping cart, see their totals and if at that time they wish to continue with the purchase, at that time allow them to register for their account to continue with the purchase of items in their shopping cart.

As for the configuration you requested, I am not sure exactly what pages of the configuration you are looking for as I don't see anything in the Product Listing Configuration that has anything to do with permissions or what is to display or when.

If you recall at all from quite sometime ago, I created an admin login for you guys on the site with a user of "hikashop" (no quotes). If you need me to reset the password I would be happy to do so. This way I don't need to take a bunch of screenshots and risk missing some of the config that you are looking for.

At a quick glance from what you just mentioned and what I was able to see based on that, it does appear that this very well be the proper behavior of HikaShop to NOT display these items to guests or those who have not created an account and logged in. I still do not recall this to be working this way in the past since my Website Designer was able to test this for me before I went into the hospital with out loggin in, but now it seems you must be logged in just to see or add items to a guest cart, or wish list until they determine they want to create an account. At the very least however, guest or not, I do not see why the quantitly in stock should not be displayed. This should ALWAYS display because as a customer I would want to ensure that the site has what I want before I take the time to create a new user and login. Does this make sense?

So please either help me with a little more clarity of exactly what pages you would like the screenshots for, or even better, login to the backend with the hikashop user and password (of which I can reset for you if you no longer have the password).

Thank you Nick!

Cheers!

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #287194

Hello,

As for the configuration you requested, I am not sure exactly what pages of the configuration you are looking for as I don't see anything in the Product Listing Configuration that has anything to do with permissions or what is to display or when.

First thing to check is the settings of the product in the backend.
Could you provide a screenshot of them all ?

Nicolas is simply asking the configuration of your products.
Settings of the product in the backend = product edition page.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...op-product-form.html

If you recall at all from quite sometime ago, I created an admin login for you guys

We do not not recall and we are not yet to this stage.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 2 months ago #287223

I will provide the screenshots as I understand it that your looking for, however, the offer to have you log in to the site was there to save me the time of taking multiple screen shots and you guys from looking at screenshots should I miss or provide the wrong ones. This way we need not go back and forth if the wrong screenshots are provided..

The statement that "we are not there yet" indicates to me that there is no urgency for the resolution except for mine. Im not trying to create a problem as you guys have been very good to me and also very helpful over the time, but sometimes sitting here passing screenshots back and forth eats up a lot of time, time which causes my site to remain offline for customers.

While I believe I understand the issue might be that if the site is set to not allow guest checkout it turns off the ability to see the buttons and the quantity of item availale unless the user creates and account and logs in since my tests were done with an account that was logged in, and found out after asking those who tested whether they were logged in or not when they would see this issue and they were not logged in. Once logged in, they were then able to see the missing options.

Whle I will get the screenshots for you this evening and add them to this thread, please understand that this going back and forth may not seem like a big deal, it does nothing more then cause my site to remain down and unavialble to customers the entire time we go back and forth with screenshots where as using the login I provided for you guys (which you just need to let me know to reset the password for you) would give you instant access to any of the configuration that you may need and allow us to come to either an understanding of the problem or a resolution far faster.

Again, I am not trying to make things difficult, but it's frustrating to go back and forth with screenshots not even knowing if I have provided exactly what you need, when you could simply login and have access to all the configuration information you need, no back and forth and no delay in keeping the site offline for my customers. That was the entire reason I made the account for you guys during one of the last issues you worked with me on. So please understand that the longer (mostly due to our time differences) that we go back and forth via this thread, the longer my site remains inoperable to my customers which is not acceptable to me. Nick and Mohamed have been fantastic with regards to working with me, and I greatly appreciate all that you guys do and have done, but I can't keep dragging these issues out because of either the wrong screenshots or not fully understanding exactly what screenshots are needed. I provided the login to avoid all of this, and I was under the impression that the purchase of the business and development licenses were done so in order to secure that extra bit of support for the product.

As I stated, I will provide the screenshots as I understand from your reply what you are looking for, but if I have either not provided the correct ones or there is missing items in those screenshots then I ask that you use the login (password will be reset and resent to you) so that you can login and get exactly what you require.

Im willing to do what it asked, but I am not willing to continue delaying the resolution of issues which cause my site to be unusable especially when I have been getting complaints from my customers 2 of which no longer which to do business with me because they don't trust the site. That is a problem that should not exists.

Cheers.

NOTE: Screenshots added as I understand you want. If I have not produced the screenshots you are looking for then please allow me to reset the login password for the account created for you quite some time ago. This needs to either be resolved, or have an understanding that this is working the way it was designed, which if this is the case, I will be looking into another solution because this will not work for me as is. I have done my best to understand what you are looking for but am not sure if this is what you needed. The login is there to prevent this kind of confusion and wasteful back and forth on both ends, yours and mine. Thanks John

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Dardwizzle. Reason: Added Screenshots

6 years 2 months ago #287249

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots.
First, let me explain some things.
There is two ways to display the add to cart/add to wishlist block:
- the new system, since HikaShop 3.x with the "add to cart legacy" setting of the Hikashop configuration turned off and no old override of the view file "quantity" (you can check the version number of the view file if you edit it in Display>Views).
- the old system from before HikaShop 3.x (so with the add to cart legacy setting activated or an old view override).
Supposing that you are on the old system, the display of both the add to cart button, the add to wishlist button and the quantity amount are linked together and if you turn off the "catalogue mode", then the whole block will be removed.
If you are on the new system, the display of these elements is disconnected. Thanks to that, the quantity and add to wishlist buttons can display even if the "catalogue mode" setting is activated.
Allowing guest checkout or not has no influence on the display of these buttons or the quantity.

Please understand that we don't store and keep track of credentials, for your own security. So I can't access the backend of that website right now.
Please use our contact form to provide crendetials to the backend with a link to this thread so that we can check your settings if what I wrote above didn't help you:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

6 years 2 months ago #287327

While I got slightly confused by what you stated with the old system / new system and the legacy settings, I provided the login details so that you can see how everything is configured and which way things should be displaying.

To avoid any confusion by myself, I will leave things as is until you have looked at things and have advised what is going on. If things are working at they shouls so be it. I just never expected it to work this way. The only way for me to ensure that check out are not allowed until I can get the USPS plugin to work properly (which is awaiting a response from Mohamed) I need to leave the site in Catalog mode since the USPS issue causes my customers to not be able to complete their check out since the plugin is not allowing the customer to select the proper postage choice.

I am also still recovering from my broken back so I am not able to fully grasp everything your explaining with the new vs legacy, so I do apologize there, hence the reaon I would like to work as closely with you as possible and not just throw screenshots around since that wastes a lot of time on both ends.

Thank you very much for your support.

Cheers, John

6 years 2 months ago #287354

Hi,

Well, as I expected, checking your website, HikaShop is working as you configured it.
You turned on the "catalogue mode" setting so it removes the "add to cart" buttons.
You turned on the "Enable the wishlists" and the "Hide wishlist button for guest users" settings so the add to wishlist buttons display only if you're logged in.
And thus you have two cases:
- you're not logged in, and so there is no add to cart nor add to wishlist buttons. In that case, the quantity display is removed too because there is no point in providing the stock if people can't purchase the product.
- you're logged in, and so there is the add to wishlist button and the quantity is displayed.

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by nicolas.

6 years 2 months ago #287421

Why in catalog mode the quantity is disabled is beyond my understanding at this point as would want my customers to still see the number available even with the site in catalog mode since I have a separate Customer Portal which is how my customers have paid for their items since I started the company and remains there and in operation while my lack of understanding (even after reading all of the help documents) seems to be lacking on a lot of factors. hence what may appear like ridiculous questions or things that to me appear to be a problem, but then find out that for the most part things are working as designed..

cheers

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by nicolas. Reason: edited as request

6 years 2 months ago #287505

Hi,

As I explained, the quantity is not displayed when the add to cart button is not displayed.
In (really) old versions of HikaShop, this wasn't the case, and we had a lot of people asking us how to not display the quantity in such case. So we made it work like that and so far it seems that it was ok for everyone.
Now, in your case, it could make sense to add an extra option to be able to select whether the quantity should display or not regardless of whether the add to cart button is displayed or not.
We'll keep that in mind for further improvements.

PS: the thread messages were redacted as requested.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dardwizzle

6 years 2 months ago #287518

Thank you. Now that I have a better understanding of how things are supposed to work, I was able to create a work around by enabling the following:

Enable Catalog Mode Yes
Show the number of products Yes
Display 'Add to wishlist' button Yes
Enable the wishlists Yes
Hide wishlist button for guest users No

This allows me to leave the Catalog Mode on, and No Add to Cart Button, Show the Quantity of the products, Display the Wishlist Button and Allowing anyone to to use the wishlist feature whether or not they created and account and logged in or not.

This then allows me to manually process any orders the way I did before the website by creating an Invoice for them and allowing them to use my Secure Online Payment Portal to allow them to pay for their orders, there by using this website as an online catalog and still allow me to process their orders until I either figure out why, even after Mohamed's due diligence in investigating my USPS Plugin issue, is still causing me issues or I come up with a different store solution.

I appreciate all your help as I always have, and unless I run into anymore presumed major issues, I will refrain from taking up too much of your time with new issues as I have no control over the issue we discussed earlier though I did bring it up to my Host / Developer. Until that can be handled to your satisfaction, I will continue to use my deeper understanding of the system to create viable work arounds.

Again, I thank you for your time, and perhaps with the work around that I have have come up with that is working well for me, there may not be a need to consider any changes in the code for a future release there by saving you some well needed time for more important issues.

Thank you and Cheers

John

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds