Can't Add Product Carousel to Product Page

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #294958

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.testing.mojooutdoors.com/spinning-wi...ys/mojo-king-mallard
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8

For other modules I display on the page, i use the following:

<?php
$mypostion="{loadposition XXX}";
echo JHTML::_('content.prepare', $mypostion);
?> 

where "XXX" is the position. However, I cannot display a Hikashop Content Module this way for some reason? Is this prohibited or am I just doing something wrong? I use the modules anywhere plugin to choose which pages I want the content module on. Again, it works for several other types of modules...just not the Hikashop Content Module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 9 months ago #294981

Hi,

No, there is no problem doing that with HikaShop content modules.
It must be a problem with the settings of your module which lead to no products being displayed.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #294995

I am able to display the same module inside the checkout using the same loadposition procedure.

For some reason there is NOTHING being loaded on the product page: www.testing.mojooutdoors.com/spinning-wi...ys/mojo-king-mallard

On the product config page, i set up the related products and then turned on "related products" inside the hikashop content module. Additionally, i have this module assigned to all of the product menu items. Also tried only applying it to this one product page. Still no luck.

5 years 9 months ago #295041

Hi,

There are many ways which could lead a HikaShop content module to display something on one page and nothing on another.
For example, if you have the synchronize option activated, then the module will synchronize with the current category / product instead of using the "main category" setting of the module. But that will only happen on a category listing or a products listing or a product page. On other pages it will use the main category as there is no current category or product, like on the checkout page.

If you can't find which setting is causing the issue, we would need you to provide a screenshot of the settings of the module (under the "hikashop options" tab) to be able to review the settings and tell you things you could try based on how you configured it.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295093

Right, however, it still will not display on the product page. The ONLY way i've gotten it to display is to add a product to cart and go to checkout. Then i can return to the product page and it displays (sometimes). I've also tried turning synchronize on/off, but same behavior for each. Below is a screenshot of the settings.

Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago #295106

Hi,

You have two problems I can see. I would indeed recommend to turn off the "synchronize" option, but also turn off the "related products of products in the cart" setting. Otherwise, the module will filter the products it is supposed to display to only display the products that are related to products that you already have in the cart. And thus, if your cart is empty, or that the products don't have any related products among the products the module is supposed to display, the module won't display anything.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295157

That worked. I assumed the "related products" option was how you displayed the items you select as related products in the product edit page. Turning it off fixed the issue. I still need the "synchronize" option as that is the only way i can display the related products chosen on the edit product page.

Thanks again for the great support!

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds