Emails to Administrator

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 7 months ago #297040

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.31

Hi - we are currently testing orders created and abandoned. Using PayPal.

1) When an order is placed, but, the customer gets to PayPal and DOES NOT complete payment, the Customer & Admin both get emails anyway. How can this be turned off? This is confusing! We only want orders emailed to the Customer and Admin when the order is PAID.

Otherwise, this could be confusing to the Shop Admin or the Customer, thinking they placed an order when they did not. The customer will call, thinking they've been charged, or the Admin may ship an order even though it was never paid for.

You can see a copy of the email to the Admin with the attached screenshot "order.jpg".

2) PayPal is sending a confirmation, but it has no real information! Please see attachment "paypal.jpg". Is your software NOT sending the correct info to PayPal? Or is this a PayPal issue where i need to contact them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 7 months ago #297063

Hi,

1. You can go in the menu System>Emails and unpublished the "order creation notification" and "order administrator notification" which are sent when the order is created.

2. The PayPal receipt doesn't have any information because you must have the "send order details" setting of the PayPal payment method turned off in the menu System>Payment methods.
Also, note that when the payment is made, PayPal sends a payment notification request to HikaShop which then changes the status of the order to "confirmed" and that triggers again the sending of the "order status notification" to the customer and the "payment notification" to the administrator. So you shouldn't even need to take into account the PayPal receipt.
If the order status is not changed to "confirmed" after the payment, then there is a problem on your website, web server, or in the way something is setup. We actually have a documentation guide to help you in such cases:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

5 years 7 months ago #297078

Hi Nicolas - thanks for your response, however, I think you didn't fully understand my question for #1. I will try to explain in more detail:

1) I tried what you recommended before posting this ticket. Doing that turns off ALL emails, which we don't want to do. There are 2 cases of an order here:

a) An order goes through Hikashop, gets sent to PayPal, and the customer DOES NOT COMPLETE PAYMENT for some reason. In this case, we DO NOT want an email sent to either the Admin, or the Customer.

b) An order gets sent to PayPal, and the customer PAYS and COMPLETES the order perfectly. In this case, we WANT an email sent to both parties.

So in essence, i want to know if this is possible, to manage emails being automatically sent by if an order is, or is not processed in PayPal. If not possible, can you add this as a NEW FEATURE somehow? I think this is very important .

Emails should be automatically sent, but only when payment is received....so not confusing for a Customer (or the Admin) when an order is abandoned during the PayPal stage.

Thanks in advance for further commenting..

5 years 7 months ago #297080

Hi,

I fully understood your message, but it seems you didn't understand mine.
HikaShop sends 4 emails:
- one to the customer when the order is created (before the payment)
- one to the customer when the order is confirmed (after the payment)
- one to the admin when the order is created (before the payment)
- one to the vwhen the order is confirmed (after the payment)

So for what you want to do, you do want to turn off the "order creation notification" and "order admin notification" emails which are sent when the order is created.
What interests you are only the two other emails, "order status notification" and "payment notification" which are sent after the payment.
However, it seems that you're not receiving these two other emails, and that's why I think that you have an issue with the payment notifications not being received correctly on your website. And thus, I redirected you to the documentation explaining what to do in such cases:

5 years 7 months ago #297113

Hey Nicolas - thanks for explaining more thoroughly this time. Glad you understood.

You are correct - I'm not getting any correspondence from PayPal regarding the other 2 emails (after payment). That's a LONG list of potential errors in the link you provide, so it's going to take me quite some time to diagnose.

I have a question - would you be open to logging in, diagnosing, and fixing the issue? And if so, what would you charge. I would be willing to pay for that service...in something that may take you 30 minutes (since you are a pro at this) instead of taking me many hours that i don't have.

At this point, i don't even have the knowledge to turn on debugging and analyze (or even find) log files. I'm a novice at stuff like that unfortunately.

Please let me know, thanks!

PS: One thing i though of, that may be causing the error - is that this is a BETA site, which does not have an SSL installed. So, with those new IPN requirements and such...could that be the cause of PayPal not getting through? I also use the Sucuri Firewall.

5 years 7 months ago #297178

Hi,

The firewall could be a problem. the SSL not available could also be a problem.
Also, in most cases, it's the "allow payment notifications" setting that you turned off the payment method or the "enable validation mode" setting that is activated there. So first, check the settings of the payment method.
Also, try with the firewall turned off.
That will already find 90% of the source of the problems.
If you still have the issue, then diving in the logs will be worth it.

5 years 6 months ago #298436

Hi Nicolas - finally, this website is LIVE and has an SSL installed.

We are currently using PayPal for Credit Card processing of orders. In each instance, a customer orders something, creates an account, and proceeds to PayPal. Then 3 things can happen:

1) They get to PayPal, but don't pay, instead they navigate to another page. Or, close the browser.
- Current settings show Order Status "Pending" - THIS IS OK

2) They get to PayPal, and click 'Cancel & Return to Merchant'.
- Current settings show Order Status "Cancelled" - THIS IS OK

3) They get to PayPal and actually Pay.
- Current settings show Order Status "Pending" - THIS IS INCORRECT

For #3, the status should say 'Confirmed' or 'Paid via PayPal'. The 'Paid via PayPal' order status is one i created.

In addition, after an order is paid in PayPal (#3) the customer is NOT receiving emails. They should get 2 emails...from PayPal, and also from Hikashop. Neither is working.

Also, the email from PayPal is going to the Store Admin. But the Store Admin does not receive Hikashop emails either.

There are so many areas of your software that have settings, I simply don't know what to do to fix things. I've tried at least 30 different scenarios! Can you please help rectify 'Order Status', and also make sure Emails are going to the customer and admin properly?

I am happy to provide Admin access. Also, if you need to quote me to pay for the work. Since this is a 'Live Site', my customer would like this resolved asap.

Thanks in advance!

5 years 6 months ago #298450

Hi,

The emails will be sent automatically when the order status is updated. So it's normal you don't get the emails if the order status doesn't change.
The real issue is that the status is not changed automatically after the payment. This indicates that the PayPal plugin of HikaShop doesn't receive the payment notification from PayPal.
It can come from many things. So first please follow this documentation:
It explains what settings you need to check.
If you can't find the issue, please provide a screenshot of the PayPal payment settings and the payment log file that you got with the "debug" setting of the payment method activated and a payment test made. That way, we should be able to tell you what is the problem.

5 years 6 months ago #298458

Hi Nicolas - thanks for the info. I did everything you suggested and it still doesn't seem to work. Please see screenshots. I also set language to UTF-8 within Paypal. Hopefully the PayPal setup screenshot will help, and attached log file i generated with Debug.

File Attachment:

File Name: debug-log-file.txt
File Size:25 KB

Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #298467

Hi,

In the documentation, you have this point:

Please make sure that the payment is accepted in your PayPal account. If the automatic validation of the payments is not turned on in your PayPal account, PayPal won't send the payment notification to HikaShop and your orders won't be confirmed !

I believe that this is your problem.
Looking at the logs, the payments have the "pending" status, meaning that PayPal is waiting for you to accept the payments in your PayPal merchant account. Only after you do that will HikaShop receive the payment notification and confirm the order.
That's because you have activated the "enable validation mode" setting of the payment method which does that. So you want to turn off that option, as it is the case by default, if you don't want to have to validate the payments manually.

5 years 6 months ago #298474

Hey Nicolas - I think that was it...thanks! Maybe some of the other tweaks helped as well, but after changing 'Enable Validation Mode' to 'No' - I can confirm all is working. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds