Sales of digital products

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #5440

How does it work with the progress?

Customer picks out a product.
Goes through Payment, Paypal.

Do they received the files with email, download link with email or is redirected to the download page or how?

Is there a guide for it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
13 years 3 months ago #5442

Hi,

There receive an email with a link to their order when the payment is completed. On the order page, there is one link per file attached to each product in the order.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7398

Hi,
You have a good product, I am trying it out so that it can used for all the features of my site.

I am trying to do a web site that has free and paid digital products.
How would the free digital products be selected and down loaded without the payment.
Can the free products when added to cart and then proceed to checkout and be down loaded?

TQ

• Thank you received: 13063
13 years 2 months ago #7400

Hi,

Since version 1.4.4 of HikaShop, you can order free products if the option "Display 'add to cart' button for free products" is turned on in the configuration.

However, the status of the order won't allow the user to download the files attached to the products in the order since the order status will be created. You can of course allow downloads for that status but then, users could also download the files of the paid products without paying by just creating the order.

Being able to download the files of the free products in non confirmed orders will require a small modification. You will have to edit the file show of the view order of the front end via the menu Display->Views and change the line:
if($this->order_status_download_ok){
to:
if($this->order_status_download_ok || bccomp($product->order_product_price,0,5)==0){

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds