My Hikashop Site is Online!

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #6643

Hello All,

Well, after a couple of weeks of very long days and much help from Nicolas, www.HighDesertVideo.com is now online using HikaShop as the store module. (DVD Catalog Menu) This site has been up for several years, but always linked to a separate ZenCart site for the shop section. When I came across HikaShop two or three weeks ago, I thought I'd give it a try and so far, I've been very happy with the product and particularly happy with the support provided by Nicolas.

The site isn't unique or even creative in any respect. Just a basic RocketTheme template with a few RocketTheme modules. Other than the RT modules, HikaShop, JComments and ContactEnhanced are about all I remember using. Other modules are installed, but most are not currently activated.

The DVD Catalog menu (main shop page) is Hikashop Product Listing (Div Format).
The DVD Categories module is a HikaShop category list (List Format).
Clicking a category calls up a HikaShop product list (Div Format) Attached to a hidden menu item.
A few language file, view file and CSS modifications were made and that's all there is to it.
I did use one hack that Nicolas gave me to prevent attachment of variant names to the product name on the detail page because of some incompatibility with my RT template. Characteristic/Variant does display in the shopping cart though.

I hope others will post links to their shops when they are ready to go live. I'm not 100% sure mine is actually READY, but it's close enough. I've got a few weeks before our race season starts so hopefully that will give me time to have a few regular customers test it out. I also plan to make some changes to the email notification text.

If anyone finds a problem or has suggestions for improvement, please let me know. (Feel free to order a DVD if you see something you like! :)

Regards,
Ed

PS - Thanks again Nicolas, for all the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 1 month ago #6660

Great ! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds