Event Registration - can Hika do this?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7677

Hello all,

I have heard good reviews about Hika and would like to ask a few preliminary questions as to whether this component could work for my project:

(1) I would like to sell "tickets" for events such as courses/conferences/seminars

(2) A registered website user would go to the shopping cart of products (events)

(3) Upon choosing the event, and the number of tickets etc, the person would fill out a form of details eg address, company etc

(4) On payment, a confirmation e-ticket is sent by email to the purchaser and would include all details of the event (time and date), including the purchaser's name, and possibly even a unique "reference number" (a la an electronic airline ticket)

(5) The e-ticket would be sent by email to the website administrator (to confirm the payment) and to a third party (the event organiser - to confirm attendance)

Could these features be supported by Hika?

many thanks, mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #7687

Hi,

1&2&3: That's possible
4: By default, it's not possible. You would have to edit the email generation code to retrieve the event's information and add it in the email. You could use the order number as reference number (the format can be changed in commercial editions)
5: Again, you would have to edit the email sent to the administrator/the event organizer to add the necessary information...

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7782

many thanks for your helpful and quick response. I will research this forum some more to identify the ways I might make the necessary email modifications.
with thanks and best wishes, mark.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds