Approve the purchase

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 1 week ago #148711

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2

Is there a way for an order to be placed and it not go thru until it is approved by a manager? Perhaps, send an email link to the approving manager (manager will be different for various people so its a filed that would need to be filled in or pulled from LDAP) and the manager then clicks thru to approve the order?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 1 week ago #148734

Hi,

How about the payment ? Would the payment be made before ? After the approval ? Or maybe there is no payment ?
Who fills the manager ? The user itself during the registration ? Or do we suppose that all the users purchasing are already registered with a manager set for them ?
Based on these, that will heavily change my answer.

10 years 1 week ago #148852

this will be a hardware request site. There is no payment the user has to worry about, accounting will bill departments. Anyone can order (its an internal site) but we want their manager to approve the order before it is processed.
Ideally I will pull the manager from AD and fill it in but I have not discovered how to do that yet so it would be the user putting it in.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 1 week ago #148953

Hi,

At this moment I guess that HikaMarket can help you for your task.
You can configure HikaMarket to set the managers as vendors. At this moment, each order made can be assigned to a specific manager who will be noticed by email.

In HikaMarket there is a "vendor selector" feature. It allow you to create an order custom field (HikaShop business required) and assign the entire order to a specific vendor that the customer can choose itself.

I don't know afterwards what you want the manager will be able to do but in HikaMarket, the vendors are limited for the order edition. They can change the order status but not much more.
The main vendor can access to every order elements and modify them like he wants, in the same way than in the HikaShop backend.

So, depending if you want to let more specific rights to your managers, a mix between specific vendor and main vendor can be required.
But at this moment, I will require more details about what your requirements.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 11 months ago #153153

could a new payment plugin be made for "human" approval rather than bank? So the plugin would have an email address rather than a credit card route, the email would go out and have 2 links with in, approve or deny, then the link comes back to hikashop as a credit card transaction might with an approval or deny code. The email could be customized to include all of the details of the order being placed.
We could take the human payment template and make multiple ones for the different approving managers. Eventually picking that payment template based on a LDAP field or restrict them with joomla acl.

9 years 11 months ago #153165

Hi,

If you want to create a custom payment plugin, that's of course possible.
We have documentation for developers about our API here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html
It also has an example payment plugin that you can look out to understand how a standard payment plugin is built and then you can also look at the existing plugins in plugins/hikashoppayment on your website.

9 years 11 months ago #153287

Thanks. I am not much of a developer but will have a look at it. I am surprised more people don't want a feature like this as things move into the business world. I am also reviewing forms that use automated work flows as a potential fix but nothing jumps out.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 11 months ago #153299

Hi,

For manual payment we also have plugins like "collect on delivery" that you can use for other cases than the "collect on delivery".
You can put something in the description and modify the email content to display a special text when this payment method is used.
After that, in the backend (or in the front-end using HikaMarket front-edition) someone can edit the order and change the order status, when the payment as been made.

If you want to send special emails when the order is made, you can use the code of the plugin "collect on delivery" to make a new one and add your code to send the emails.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swhps

9 years 11 months ago #153462

Thanks for the tip on COD. The process I am working towards is an email being sent to the manager once the order has been made. (manager's email address will be pulled from ldap, working with another joomla extension to get that). Then the manager clicks on approve or deny and the link goes back to Hikashop and either processes the order (approve) or follows the current process for declined payment (denied). The email will also serve as a paper trail if we need to see who approved it.

Looking at the paypal addin, I am starting to see where the link is created but not sure yet where in the flow the change will need to be made.

9 years 11 months ago #153562

You probably want to plug your code in the onAfterOrderConfirm function of a payment plugin so that it is called at the end of checkout just after the order is create.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds