Registration process problem

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago #176165

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.iqnicotinesystem.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 38.0.2125.104 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message received.

I have seen a thread on here that had an almost identical problem, but all of the steps taken there have not solved mine.
EDIT: I found the thread that has a similar, if not identical, problem: www.hikashop.com/forum/customers/871844-...stration.html#172961

Step one on my flow screen is login. I require them to register, and require the address on registration. This works fine and I get the email with a link back to the site to confirm registration. However, after submitting the registration on the site, It will take me to a "blank" screen. My number one priority was "did I get the email", and the answer is yes. However, I do not want to have to count on the possible user having the inclination to check their email. I would think there should be some message here telling them that the email has been sent and they need to check for it. I have attached a screen shot of what I get after the register button is pressed.

Following a previous thread, I disabled the "AcyMailing : HikaShop integration" plugin. No change. I then turned on my debug and set it to maximum.

Also, this is more of a logic thing and I know I cannot be the first person to think of it, so there must be an answer I have not seen. I can have a successful registration, before the purchase has been completed. I do not think that any registration should be complete and account enabled on the site until after I know the purchase is complete. Is this more of a flow screen process change that I have possibly done incorrectly?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by YeeP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 6 months ago #176169

Hi,

You didn't look at the right thread.
That is issue is quite common actually. You don't see the message after the registration because your template is not displaying messages. Please follow these instructions: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tibility-issues.html

Note that it is also possible to deactivate the activation of the users by turning off the corresponding option of the joomla user manager's options screen.

The following user(s) said Thank You: YeeP

9 years 6 months ago #176250

Thanks Nicolas, I will check that out. Quick question on the activation recommendation. Are you talking about going to the user manager and manually deactivating users?

9 years 6 months ago #176261

After looking through the Joomla setup, I think you are referring to setting up a manual registration enable. I am hoping that is not an option for this domain owner, as I really do not want to tell him that is his only option. Here are a couple of issues that I have seen in the registration:

I am hoping that I can solve this with a change to the flow screen, but I don't know if that is possible. Current setup:

After the user does a login, which is also a register, they get the email. After clicking on the email link, they return to the check out process. They are also logged in to the site. At that point, they are an enabled user and part of the group that the purchase will assign them to. If they want, they can click out of the checkout and have full access to whatever they would have based on the purchase. Here is a shot from a "botched" purchase where I clicked out of the checkout after registering. As you can see the "fake" user is active:

I removed this user and decided to move forward with the process. I got to the last step of the purchase where I would normally enter the credit card number. I then exited the purchase. My fake user received a order invoice via email. Then I checked the order process on both the front and back sides of Joomla!.

User can access their order information on the site. It looks like they have a successful purchase.

The soon to be administrator can see the order on the Hikashop dashboard. Is the Order status the tool they need to use to see that this checkout process did not complete? Or will they be filling an order that was never completed, and sending away their product?

Luckily, Stripe cannot confirm any purchase/transfer of funds. So I by looking at those reports, I know that this was not completed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #176291

Hi,

1. No, you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the self user activation which can be deactivated so that users registering get automatically activated without having to click on an activation link. Again, that's an option of the Joomla user manager, not HikaShop.

2. At the end of the checkout process, HikaShop will direct the customer to the payment gateway so that the payment with the credit card can be done securely on the payment gateway page. And after that, the payment gateway will notify HikaShop that a payment has been done for the order XXX. So at the end of the checkout, HikaShop has to precreate the order with all the information of the user/order in order to send the XXX order number to the payment gateway so that he can then validate the order when it receives the payment notification.
That's how most of the ecommerce solutions/payment gateways work.
So it's normal that you see a created order even though you didn't pay the order yet.
When the order is paid, HikaShop will receive the payment notification and the order status of the order will be changed to "confirmed" and you'll be notified that a confirmed order is available and the customer will also be notified that his order has been confirmed with you.

9 years 6 months ago #176304

nicolas wrote: Hi,

1. No, you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the self user activation which can be deactivated so that users registering get automatically activated without having to click on an activation link. Again, that's an option of the Joomla user manager, not HikaShop.

Ok, I understand what you are saying. However, the problem still exists where the user can gain access via registration, before the payment process is complete. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

nicolas wrote: 2. At the end of the checkout process, HikaShop will direct the customer to the payment gateway so that the payment with the credit card can be done securely on the payment gateway page. And after that, the payment gateway will notify HikaShop that a payment has been done for the order XXX. So at the end of the checkout, HikaShop has to precreate the order with all the information of the user/order in order to send the XXX order number to the payment gateway so that he can then validate the order when it receives the payment notification.
That's how most of the ecommerce solutions/payment gateways work.
So it's normal that you see a created order even though you didn't pay the order yet.
When the order is paid, HikaShop will receive the payment notification and the order status of the order will be changed to "confirmed" and you'll be notified that a confirmed order is available and the customer will also be notified that his order has been confirmed with you.

I totally understand this and it makes sense. As long as the status update is the answer to the question I am fine with it. Is there a switch somewhere so the user is not sent an invoice twice? (Once when the order is "pre-created", and once when the payment is complete)? My test users are getting two invoice emails, each at the associated step in the process.

Thank you,
Ryan

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by YeeP.

9 years 6 months ago #176342

Hi,

1. I don't see why you would have the same issue at the end of the checkout. I tried to look at the problem on your website to try to see what you're talking about but there is a htaccess preventing the access to it. Could you provide the credentials to it via our contact form ? www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

2. Yes. Go in the menu System>Emails and disable the "order creation notification" email.

The following user(s) said Thank You: YeeP

9 years 6 months ago #176390

Nicolas, I sent the information you requested.

Just so you know how I am testing it;

Step 1) put an item in the cart, and proceed to check out
Step 2) Fill in information with a legitimate email address
Step 3) follow the link provided to your email back to the site
Step 4) drop out of the purchase process

You will see that you are now logged in and assigned to a group that has/will have higher access to the site.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 6 months ago #176391

I know that a fee is not required for registration here, but I just did the same thing here by going to purchase and skipping out after the login. Feel free to delete this user.

9 years 5 months ago #177190

Hi,

I did a test on your website and I don't see the problem.
The user that I created on your website was created with the "registered" user group, which is the user group of users being registered, which is exactly what it should be.
The user won't have higher access to the site after the registration (it shouldn't). That would only happen if the user was in another user group like admin, super admin or manager.
With the registered user group, all the user can do is access the content that you restricted to registered users.
But that's normal.

The joomla registration and the hikashop registration is the same process. When someone registers in hikashop, he is registered in joomla and vice versa.
Your problem is more with your "registration as a fee". You should charge for people to register on the website. You should charge people for getting a new user group for their user which would give them access to the content restricted to that user group.

9 years 5 months ago #177193

Nicolas, that is exactly what I need to do. I cannot find where you charge them for registration. It is fine if they are in the "registered" group, because I will just remove access to most of the site from that group.

Can you tell me where in the setup you can define the charge for registration to a specific group?

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #177201

Hello,

You should charge people for getting a new user group for their user which would give them access to the content restricted to that user group.

This can be done by using the "User group after purchase" option of your product.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds