Updating cart redirects to 404 page + strange url

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 1 week ago #198900

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.light-swing.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 error and redirects to www.light-swing.com/webshop/meine-bestel...pdatecart/lang-nl-NL

Hello since I think a few days the recalculation of the cart gives problems. I don't know when it started but it could have to with updating to Joomla 3.4 5 days ago and it is noticed today.
The error occurs when I delete an article or change the amount of articles in the cart in the sidebar.
Updating the Cart in the content screen (when checkout) doesn't give a problem as far as I can see.

I don't understand why it gives a updatecart url with the german language in it.

You first reaction will offcource be to upgrade Hikashop as well, but I have done some extra coding to the order export csv and I have some issues with that before I upgrade to the latest Hikashop. I have installed the latest version in my acceptance environment and I have the same problem there (the 404 and the redirect) so upgrading to Hikashop won't bring a direct solution for now.

I played around with the cache settings but there is not a combination that solves the problem.

Now and then everything goes fine but when I restart the browser then and then adjust the amounts of the cart in the sidebar it goes wrong again.

Can you help me?

Kind regards,

Wilfried Rutjes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #198903

I have prepared a TEST environment for you where you can look and play to see what's wrong. In that environment I haven't had the german link yet but instead of going to the german link the cart redirects to index.php and doesn't adjust the amounts.
In the www environment I have disabled the cart in teh sidebar because of the fact that it scares clients away :-)

Where can I sent the credentials to?

Kind regards, Wilfried

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 1 week ago #198943

Hi,

You can send the credentials directly via our contact form: www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

9 years 1 week ago #198981

OK sent them

thanks

9 years 4 days ago #199272

Hi,

Do you have solved your issue ?
I just tested on your website, adding a product, update the cart, close the browser, open it again, update the cart, no issues.

Everything is working just fine. Which browser are you using ?

9 years 4 days ago #199337

Hello Xavier,

No I haven't solved the issue yet.
To clearly see what happens I have enabled the cart in the sidebar on the production server ( www.light-swing.com ) again.

It still goes wrong on the www. server .
It happens with al the browsers , IE, Chrome and Firefox.

Kind regards, Wilfried

9 years 20 hours ago #199828

Hello Xavier,

Did you find the time to have a look at it?
Do you need something else ?

kind regards, Wilfried

8 years 11 months ago #200046

Hi,

I wad indeed able to reproduce the issue, I have added a product to the cart, then closed the tab, opened it again and the cart was empty.

Then I pressed Ctrl + F5, and the product was well in the cart, that means that you have a cache issue.
Please disable all cache, cache is not compatible with ecommerce systems ;)

8 years 11 months ago #200133

I have installed Jotchache now and excluded sidebar-a (where the cart resides) from caching. But tthe facvt remains that when I change the cart in the sidebar it goes to a page which gives a 404.

www.light-swing.com/webshop/meine-bestel...pdatecart/lang-nl-NL

Does that also have to do with caching?

Kind regards,

Wilfried

8 years 11 months ago #200395

Hello Xavier,

Can you explain what I wrote?

I have installed Jotchache now and excluded sidebar-a (where the cart resides) from caching. But tthe facvt remains that when I change the cart in the sidebar it goes to a page which gives a 404.

www.light-swing.com/webshop/meine-bestel...pdatecart/lang-nl-NL

Does that also have to do with caching?

Kind regards,

Wilfried

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 11 months ago #200432

Hi,

When I add products to the cart, the cart module is now updated on your website: take.ms/yTBBu

Regarding the update of the cart, I don't think that it is linked with the cache.
I would recommend to update to the latest version and if you have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/cart.php rename that file via FTP in order to deactivate the view override so that it uses HikaShop's cart module default view. You should not have the problem with the latest version of the view file.

8 years 11 months ago #200443

Hello,

I have left lots of questions overhere and I have been helped VERY good and very QUICK all the times, but this time I feel a bit left in the cold. I have a problem with the Cart updates and I only get a short answer that it has to do with the caching. I have installed Jotcache and excluded the sidebar and com_hikashop but I still ge the strange behavior.
On the accp environment I have disabled all cache and it redirects also when updating the cart in the sidebar.

My client is calling me every day what the status is because customers are confused with the cart data that is not correct. I already left out the possibility to change the amount and delete in the cart in the sidebar. But after adding an article in the cart it is possible to change the amount or delete an article. And when you do that it takes you to a strange url and the cart is not being updated. At that time potential customers already left the building....

For now we have disabled the popup in de porduction environment and redirect the customer directly to the checkout when he wants to buy something.

Can someone help me?

kind regards Wilfried

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by wilfried.

8 years 11 months ago #200506

Hello,

It looks like I have solved it.
I had used module anywhere (fron nonumbers) to call for the different modules that called the shop.
I did this to get a different view for the different devices (desktop tablet and phone).

When the page loaded it would take the module that suited the device the best.

I now have reinstated the menu item that calls the shop via the hikashop menu options and it works again.

So it had nothjing to do with cache or so .

Kind regards Wilfried

8 years 11 months ago #200510

Hello Nicolas,

You message just got delivered 22 hours later that you wrote it.... strange

In the meantime I have solved it as you can see at the end of the thread.
I was very dissapointed whith the answers Xavier gave me because I couldn't relate it to the cache to but h never answered back after that. So I wrote that mail and also bacause of the fact that I dropped several questions here and I was helped VERY GOOD (EXCELLENT) in the past. And now with a client asking me all the time how it went and telling me he lost a lot of money it was not a very good time for me.

Anyway it is solved.

About the new version I have some additional code with the massaction function and that has to be written again so I can't go to the latest version yet. a Colleague of mine made a routine in which the order lines where exported and then with al the articles on a seperate line.
I hoped it would be a standard function in the new version ....:-)

Kind regards, Wilfried

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds