Problem registration during second order

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 8 months ago #210050

Hi,

Yes, we understand that it is an annoying problem but that's a problem that we can't reproduce in our local websites ; so it's even more difficult for us to understand what is going wrong exactly.
Just to be sure ; there is no error logged in your PHP error log when you perform the registration ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
8 years 8 months ago #210111

Hi,

Indeed, it's very difficult to find the cause if you can't reproduce the problem.
It might be a sensible guess based on your broad experience.

I did not see any related errors in the log.

Alas I'm not really sure when the problem started. It took a while before I found out what was happening. My guess is it started after upgrading to Joomla 2.5
Today I tested with a local copy of the old site using Joomla 1.5 and Hikashop 2.3.0. The configuration was the same as on the present live website. And it worked fine, The new registration was correctly linked to the old guest order.

Regards,
Udo

8 years 8 months ago #210208

Hi,

Did you performed your different tests with the Joomla debug mode activated ?
I'm wondering if you might have a little issue with your database schemas ; maybe you have an SQL error which does not generate any issue but which do not update the database.
(like an "INSERT IGNORE" on a table where you have a column with a "UNIQUE KEY" ; etc).

The Joomla debug mode could help to see the different queries and figure it out.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #210320

Hi,

I did test using the debug mode while testing on the local testsite.but I didnot have a look at the dbase queries before.
Now I did but I did not see any alarming notices.
And there is no column UNIQUE KEY.
But my knowledge of debugging and dbase queries is limited.

Regards,
Udo

8 years 8 months ago #210471

Hi,

Okay.
There is no "UNIQUE KEY" column in the database, it's an attribute to some columns in order to specific that the content of the column will be unique for each entry. So that' why you can have two users in the database with the same username or the same email ; because these columns have "unique key".

You wrote that you perform a test on your old J1.5 website ; How did you performed the migration ?
Did you perform some tests like trying to update HikaShop in that J1.5 site to see if the problem is also there ?
Because we can't reproduce the issue ; I think that the problem is coming from something particular in your website compared to "classical" environment ; if you database is not using same schema, or if you have special plugins, if the database content is corrupted : it could explain some of your issues.

I hoped that the query issue could generate an error which could be displayed thanks to the Joomla debug mode ; but that's not always the case.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #210523

Hi,

At last I have found the solution!!! And it's amazingly simple.
Once more I searched the Hikahop forum and I read a ticket vaguely titled 'Multiple problems'. There Nicolas mentioned the user synchronisation plugin.
I had forgotten about the existence of this plugin and it proved to be disabled. I enabled it and the problem was solved!!!

It's peculiar we have not thought about that earlier.
On the other hand: the synchronisation seemed to work fine since new Hikashop accounts were correctly linked to a corresponding Joomla account. The synchronisation only failed when the new Joomla account uses the same e-mail address as an existing.Hikashop guest account.
So what exactly is the user synchronisation plugin doing?

Regards,
Udo

8 years 8 months ago #210537

Hi,

It's peculiar we have not thought about that earlier.

Yes... We were focused on an error and we didn't though that you might disabled that plugin.
Nicolas made a patch few weeks ago in order to check that the plugin is right enabled ; so HikaShop 2.5.1 will "fix" that kind of issue.

About the role of that plugin:

HikaShop User plugin to automatically synchronize the Joomla Users and the HikaShop ones
[/code]If a Joomla user is created in your website, the plugin will create en entry in his user table in order to store the data related to HikaShop.

Can you provide more details about the failed synchronization ? (so we can see to reproduce it...)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds