Customer View of Order History?

• Thank you received: 5
8 years 11 months ago #201571

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.39

In our old cart (Virtuemart) we could enter information into the order history and this was viewable by the customer when they pulled up an order. If a customer didn't get the order completion email with this information or needed to look it up months/years later, they could retrieve it from their order history. That saves us a lot of work from having to look up the information for them.

So, Is there a way so the customer can view the order history entries? If not, is there some other way, like using a custom field that we can make this information available to the customer when they pull up an order?

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by gpraceman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #201582

Hi,

HikaShop thanks to his "history" plugin can store the order history in the database and when you edit some elements of the order, you can specify a message which will be added in the history data (the "modification reason").
Then, thanks to a little view override, you can load and display the order history in the front-end for your customer.
That history is displayed in the backend ; it could contains some private data depending the payment method you're using (in the "information" part, not in the "reason" one) ; so display it in the front-end is possible but will require some PHP knowledges to modify the order view.

More about the "modification reason" text :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...shop-order-form.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #270020

Hi Jerome ;

Can you please more explain How to modify the order view that customers can view order history in front-end ?

Also how to display customer email history in front-end ?

Regards,

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #270038

Hello,

If you want details about how perform a view override, you can find the documentation here :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

Afterwards, I'm afraid that your request imply a pretty important development and that's not something we can provide within few minutes in our forum. It requires a complete development, that's why I said two years ago :

so display it in the front-end is possible but will require some PHP knowledges to modify the order view.

And if you want to display the email history in the front-end ; it would require a more important development using a custom plugin and a features which will be available in HikaShop 3.0.2 to allow the extension of the front-end interface via plugin.
Once again, that's a pretty important development and we cannot provide code like that ; it would still need some PHP and development knowledge or, some help from a developer.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds