Customer groups and different prices

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 7 months ago #213785

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : Not relevant
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any

HI,
One of my clients want to have different login groups for different customers.
I know how to add that into Joomla and I guess that you use those user groups also in HikaShop.
The reason is that each of these groups shall have a certain percentage of the market price. Market price is the price we set up under each product and then ehn a customer logs in he is defined as a member in a certain user-group and gets xx percent of the price on his orders.
I just wonder is this possible and how do you set this up if it is?

Regards
Micke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 7 months ago #213795

Hi,

With HikaShop Business you can use ACL on prices and have, in that case, price per group.
You also have ACL on discount if you want just a percentage for products in specific categories.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 6
8 years 7 months ago #214702

Hello,

My customer is having trouble with her "Wholesale" group of customers and how to configure it. I just spent an hour working on the ACL's for the product and was surprised that to get "Wholesale" to work I had to also select "Registered" and "Super User" otherwise it shows Free. Here's how I had to set it up to get it to work, please confirm that I did this correctly. Wholesale is a User Group and an Access Level that is a child of Registered.

The settings that worked are as follows:

Retail Price: All Users are Checked

Wholesale Price: Uncheck all user groups except Registered, Wholesale and Super Users

Cost of Product: Uncheck all user groups except Super Users

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by artisanwebandprint.

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 7 months ago #214707

Hi,

You have several things that plays a role:
- The "Inherit parent group access" setting of the HikaShop configuration. If that setting is activated a customer will be able to see the price even if he is not directly in the group selected in the price but in a child of one of the groups selected.
- The user can be linked to several groups
- The price can be linked to several groups
So as long as at least one of the groups of the user (or at least a parent of one of the groups if the option above-mentioned is activated) is linked to the price, the user will see the price.

Now, there was also some problems with the new interface of the 2.5.0 release with the price's ACL setup in the first few weeks of the release. So it might be good to download the install package again on our website and install it on yours just to make sure that you have all the necessary patches for that ACL system to work properly.

• Thank you received: 92
8 years 7 months ago #214733

Hi

in which order is process price show in FE page refer to category , groups , user , discount ?
Does all rules are compatible each others or create issue ?
Does it mean we are able to create wrong configuration setting ( no controller prevent issue ? .. for people who don't understand rules/ logic ) ?

thank's

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 7 months ago #214737

What ?!

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 6
8 years 5 months ago #218899

nicolas wrote: Hi,
Now, there was also some problems with the new interface of the 2.5.0 release with the price's ACL setup in the first few weeks of the release. So it might be good to download the install package again on our website and install it on yours just to make sure that you have all the necessary patches for that ACL system to work properly.

Hello,

I received a phone call from my client today to let me know that a registered user was able to purchase a product at the wholesale price. I did testing for registered and wholesale users and found the case to be true. So, I have changed the ACL's to the following to ensure that ONLY users with Wholesale Access can see and purchase with Wholesale prices and that Registered Users cannot see or purchase at wholesale prices.

I have quoted you above because the settings were like this previous to the 2.5.0 release but broke with that first release. So, I could only get the different prices to work for different ACL's using the previously posted settings. Now, with the newest update to 2.6.0 those setting are now incorrect and cause the aforementioned problem.

The correct settings are as follows:

Access Control Levels:
Retail Price viewable to all except wholesale:

Wholesale Customers:

Cost of Product - Super User Only

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by artisanwebandprint. Reason: images didn't populate
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds