Registration activation link not send?

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #221410

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.4.5

Hello

I'm using hikashop for registration and after the registration, the

"Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link in the e-mail that you receive before you can login."

did show, but the email isnt sent. There is nothing in the error_log too

I've tried registering user from back end or even activating it and trying to use forgot password/username and both of them works fine, only registration process doesnt send the email

Any suggestion? Thank you

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Zagiel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #221525

Hello

Anyone/

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 5 months ago #221554

Hi,

And what if you try to register from the Joomla form, is the email sent ?
HikaShop uses the Joomla registration form, so the issue seems to be more related on Joomla than on HikaShop ;)

8 years 5 months ago #221660

Hello, i've tried to use to use the original joomla registration and it's working fine

if i changed the menu to hikashop > registration form, the registration works but no email sent

Any suggestion?

• Thank you received: 13068
8 years 5 months ago #221692

Hi,

There must be a problem with the way you configured the settings in the Emails section of the HikaShop configuration.
Please check them with your hosting company so that your hosting email server doesn't reject the emails being sent.

8 years 5 months ago #221719

Hi, i will look into the configuration

other than that, i doubt it's a problem with hosting company because other function like forgot username/password and register using original joomla works fine

8 years 4 months ago #222360

Hello

after consulting with my hosting company
it's turns out hikashop changed the sender email to other than what i've inputted in the configuration

so for example, iv'e set the sender to be This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

when i use joomla, it will send the email under This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in the "sender"
but, if i use hikashop to register/order/anything, it will use other address that i've set in the configuration , i dont know why or how but it's not sending the email according the "sender email" i've set in the hikashop configuration

this is why hikashop wont send any email because the "sender" field changed and not following what i've set in the hikashop configuration [thus error, i've checked it in the email trace(cpanel)]

any suggestion why this happened and what to do next? i'm quite desperate for help

Thank you

8 years 4 months ago #222364

Hi,

HikaShop uses the email that you set in the Emails settings of your HikaShop configuration.
However, with the Business edition you can configure emails via the menu System>Emails and override the sender for each email there. But since you have the Essential edition that shouldn't be the case.
It could also be possible to change the sender email address by modifying the code of the emails in the folder media/com_hikashop/mail, but in that case, you should know what you did better than us.
I don't see any other possibility with just HikaShop, unless there is a third party extension which would mess with the HikaShop emails.

8 years 4 months ago #222414

Hi

is it possible to set every single mail from hikashop to have a single "sender" address?
if possible, where can i change it?

i've checked the media/com_hikashop/mail folder and havent found which one i need to change

8 years 4 months ago #222449

Hi,

Well, you can edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/mail.php and add such line:
$mail->from_email='This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.';

after the line:
function sendMail(&$mail){

That will force it for all the emails sent by HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zagiel

8 years 4 months ago #222519

Hello

i've tried to change the mail.php script and tried to var_dump the data

echo '<pre>';
		var_dump($this->mailer);
		echo '</pre>';

$result = $this->mailer->Send();

echo 'RESULTS';
		echo '<pre>';		
		var_dump($result);
		echo '</pre>';
		die();

in the sendMail function

the data inside the this->mailer was correct, it's the same as what i've set in the hikashop configuration. However the email sent is still from the "wrong" sender [somehow it's changed to my server acount(?)]

is there anyway to access the this->mailer->send() function? where can i access it?

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Zagiel.

8 years 4 months ago #222528

Hi,

this->mailer is a function of the Joomla library. You can find it in libraries/phpmailer on your website.
But you won't find anything different than what you already know. The email sent by the website has the correct From.
What you need to look at is the logs of the email server you're using (your hosting ?) so you will have to contact your hosting company I'm afraid.

8 years 4 months ago #222584

Hi

What should i ask from my hosting? Anything you need to help me?

Last time i ask them, they said it's probably from script issues and not hosting issue

Kinda desperate for help

Thanks

8 years 4 months ago #222649

Hi,

Show them a var_dump of the email just before it is sent to PHPMyMailer
And then show them the source of the email with the incorrect From that you receive in your mailbox.
Then simply ask them why the email server changes the email address.
You have the proof that it is ok just before the email goes to their email server and that it is not ok when you receive it in your mailbox, so that means it can only come from their end.

8 years 4 months ago #222703

Hi

i've consulted with my hosting and they changed joomla setting to SMTP

it's working now

Thank you for your help

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds