Customer affiliation

• Thank you received: 4
8 years 1 month ago #232435

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1

Hi!

I wasn't too sure where to ask the question, so please be gentle if I made a placement mistake ;-)

New project and new requirements, I am now being asked to create a shop where customer access is dependent of a physical (as in "I met you, here is the site where you need to log in") recommendation and the need to identify customers based on the origin of their coming.
My idea at this stage is to provide a unique ID per people who send customers and be able to calculate commissions based on this ID.
Commission can be calculated outside of Hikashop as long as we can make an export with purchases per ID.

Is this something available, and if not, is there a better way to do that?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 1 month ago #232467

Hi,

It seems that this extension might meet your needs:
awodev.com/products/joomla/aworewards
I would recommend to check more in depth with the developer and see if it does all you need.

8 years 1 month ago #232554

Thank you very much, I am checking now :-)

7 years 10 months ago #242976

Hi again!

Same project, new requirements. Now the client wants something slightly different in the sense that the "website visiting customer" gets to visually select his reseller and then buy from him.(every reseller sells the same products).
There is still the issue of managing ratio per reseller but if we can track sales by resellers then it's just a spreadsheet calculation.
How would Hikashop do with the above? What options are needed?

Thank you.

7 years 10 months ago #242998

Hi,

In that case, you can use HikaMarket Multivendor.
Each reseller can be configured as "vendor" in HikaMarket, and HikaMarket has an option to let customers choose their vendor during the checkout, and also handles fees/commissions automatically.
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hikamarket-multi-vendor.html

7 years 10 months ago #243032

Great, thank you for the prompt reply.
Fred

7 years 10 months ago #243957

so 10 days later and some changes. Now the client would like his customers to have a login per reseller and then identify themselves to make the purchase. For example
1. you go to the website and it is password protected
2. you log in with a user/pass your reseller has given you
3. in return this assigns you to this reseller
4. then you can browser, register and purchase normally
5. as you were initially identified to this reseller your purchase will be attributed to this reseller

Is this easily implemented and if not, what direction can I take?
Thank you.

7 years 10 months ago #243960

Oh and on top of that, can some merchants have their own merchants, meaning they also get a commission on their merchants sales?
Thank you.

7 years 10 months ago #243973

Hi,

In that case the affiliation system is more suited.
The reseller don't even have to give the customer a user account credentials, he can just give his affiliate link. Otherwise, he can create the user account for the customer with his affiliation link and then give the account credentials to the customer, that's also possible.
The affiliation system will then handle the calculations of the commissions/fees automatically, and the partner will be able to review them on his frontend.

There is however no multi-tiered affiliation fees. So you can have partners getting commissions on sales of partners who joined thanks to them.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds