Multiple customers with one login

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 2 months ago #260521

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.6

Here is my situation....

I have the hikashop shopping cart set up on my site. I have a user set up with a redirect to a hikashop category listing upon login.

I have multiple customers using the same login (members of a school team ordering from a group of products specifically for the team).

When a customer creates an order, they put in their info at checkout (name, parent's name, email address, etc.)

When another customer goes to the site to place a new order, once they get to the checkout to put in their info, the previous customer's info is already showing in the checkout box. Is there a way to have all the customer info to clear out once an order is completed so that when a new customer logs in with the same username, they won't see the previous customer's info?

I have a screenshot attached with the previous customer's info showing in the box at the top of the page. I would like to not have this info show when a new customer comes to the site to order.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
7 years 2 months ago #260549

Hi,

You can use such plugin: www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/7763-how...-addresses.html#7774
It will unpublish the address of the customer after each purchase so the next one won't see the address already there.

6 years 6 months ago #279487

I am using HikaShop Business 3.1.1. I have downloaded the plugin you suggested, but I can't get it to install. I have tried the Joomla installer and also tried using the ftp method, but I get these messages:

Warning

JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file.
Error

Path does not have a valid package.
Unable to find install package

I have many orders being place under the same user and password. When a new user makes his selections and goes to the checkout, the previous customers' name, address, etc. show up in the checkout and their items are still in the cart, in addition to the items added by the current customer. How can I have the cart to clear once a customer places his order and how can we get the previous customer's info to not appear in the checkout?

If I can't get this to work, then I have wasted my money by ordering the business edition.

Thanks for any help.

6 years 6 months ago #279491

brob34 wrote: I am using HikaShop Business 3.1.1. I have downloaded the plugin you suggested, but I can't get it to install. I have tried the Joomla installer and also tried using the ftp method, but I get these messages:

Warning

JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file.
Error

Path does not have a valid package.
Unable to find install package

I have many orders being place under the same user and password. When a new user makes his selections and goes to the checkout, the previous customers' name, address, etc. show up in the checkout and their items are still in the cart, in addition to the items added by the current customer. How can I have the cart to clear once a customer places his order and how can we get the previous customer's info to not appear in the checkout?

If I can't get this to work, then I have wasted my money by ordering the business edition.

Thanks for any help.

OK. I was able to get the plugin to install and I have enabled is as well. but, it does not change anything. When I try to process another order, the cart is not cleared and the previous customer's name, address, etc. are still showing on the checkout page. In my configuration, I have cart set to "Clean cart when order is created."

Any suggestions?

I really need to get this working for my customer.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 6 months ago #279921

Hello,

The given plugin is a plugin made for Joomla 1.5/2.5 so the XML is not compatible with Joomla 3 new structure.
So to install it, you need to perform a little modifications in the XML.
Once installed and published, the plugin is just made to deactivate the addresses which has been used for an order.
But if the customer have several addresses ; it could generate some unwanted side effects since the other addresses won't be deactivated.

What you want to achieve is specific ; the plugin should help you but depending what you really have in your database regarding the addresses and the customers ; you can have some side effects.

My advice would be to not use addresses but order custom fields instead.
Thanks to that, you will be sure that once an order is created, it will start with a new cart so it will have empty order fields.
If you do not have usage of the address for other features (shipping, taxes) ; it would be a good alternative.
Otherwise, you'll need to use a custom plugin for your specific usage.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds