Ordering without customer registration

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 10 months ago #270358

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.blueabyssphoto.com/index.php/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30

Beginner here!

I have the basic HikaShop. Is there a way that I can allow my customers to order without creating a login?
I have tried allowing registration, but it appears that this is only available in the Essential or Business version (I am not the store owner and, thus, have no say in whether or not to upgrade the software).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #270369

Okay, I fixed the inability to create a user login by changing the Joomla Global Settings. However, this has now created an additional error. When I access the shopping cart while logged in, I get an error message "Wrong shipping address." What is causing this error?

Thanks!

6 years 10 months ago #270370

In addition, I am not seeing a checkout/continue with order option. Is this because of the error in the registration process?

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 10 months ago #270363

Hi,

With the Starter edition, the only way is to completely remove the login and address views from the checkout workflow setting of the HikaShop configuration. But that means that you won't get any information from the customers for their purchases.
Usually, you at least need an address, and that address needs to be linked to a user entry in HikaShop. And for that, you need to keep the login and address views in the checkout workflow and instead set the "registration" setting to "guest" in the HikaShop configuration, but that's only possible with either the Essential or the Business editions.

The error "Wrong shipping address." indicates that you've enabled the TaxCloud plugin which automatically calculate taxes. This plugins uses the address of the customer in order to calculate the taxes. If you have that error message, it means that TaxCloud found that your shipping address is invalid. If you don't use TaxCloud, you can disable the plugin.

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds